Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone has bred 2 distant types of pleco in the same tank. Bit worried about dominance. I'm setting up a 4x2x18, 3x2x18 and 2 of 2x18x18s.

I have 5 big tigers, 5 medium peps, 7 longfin and 3 small blue eyes.

I was going to divide the 3 and 4ft tanks but not sure if it's entirely necessary...

Has anybody bred any of these guys in the same tank?

I'm hoping some can coexist as long as there's enough caves.

Any feedback would be great,

Thanks

Yes but keep same diet together eg vego with vego carno with carno or you will get problems with the vegos bloating .Also keep families separate eg don't mix b/nose variants hypansistres variants pekoltia variants in the same tanks.I was breeding 1 var hypan 1var pekol in same tank and 1 var whiptail 1var b/nose in same tank no problems.The last thing the hobby needs is more hybreed catfish as there are lots out there already.

Cheers Daydream

I was thinking to mix the peps and albino longfin in the 4x2, but as timid as they are, i was thinking the peps might get the upper hand at feeding time.

Tigers I do think will be on their own in the 3x2, blue eyes in a 2ft and the fry in the other.

Would this work? I'll also be throwing my guppies, endlers and cherry shrimp in the mix.

Have endlers with my peps and rilli with L333 l134 both tanks are 1200x450x450

Do you have the rilli as a food source with the L333 and L134 or do you have enough Rilli to stay in front? I know I use to play the numbers game with cherries and L066.

Do you have the rilli as a food source with the L333 and L134 or do you have enough Rilli to stay in front? I know I use to play the numbers game with cherries and L066.

Huge number of culls for food.