my crypts in my 100lt seem to be melting, I dose with flourish twice a week, second time was Thursday night and have diyco2, anyone know why and should I remove all the bad leaves or leave them in there

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Tapatalk

How long were they in the carton b4 they were planted? They DONT like being moved. This die off is called crypt melt for obvious reasons. Keep them planted as they will grow back as long as they had any sort of bulb or thicker root. don't worry about using fert for awhile, just a waste.

How deep is the gravel as well ?....?

Gravel is about 1 3/4 inch deep and I don't believe there is any root damage at all, I only moved them cos there wasn't much light where I had originally put it and wanted to fill a bate patch

Realistically yes. Normal 3mm scoffs, may by some specific panting media mixed in ( call fishchik and aoa) with a layer of laterite. When pulling up, not that the gravel s that deep, wriggle ur fingers down and scoop as much gravel as u can. When the plants up let the gravel drop away. Layer up whichever way with gravel mix, not ruff stones or that blk cr@p. When u plant put the roots between middle and forefinger and burrow down. Open fingers, give a little twist to let the gravel fall back onto the roots and remov fingers slowly. Got to be gentle with it as its in shock. It may start to shoot again in a week or a month. Depends on its previous care.

People that say 5cm of gravel is fine and their plants r fine annoy that shiiiiit out of me. On the veranda I have a 4'x30cmx2ft tall tank with 13 cm of gravel with VAL rowing in it and the roots are to the bottom of the tank. I have a few swords with roots that are at least 27 cm long... and I've just found out that a fricken possum likes sword plant leaves...h

l

I will have to wait till at least Tuesday when I got the house to myself for a week, then I will rip it apart and get the late rite from the local landscapers, he said I can have it for free the other day, now I saw a thread on here that said to use peat as well, did they mean actual peat moss or the peat bricks you add water too then break apart???

This phone is giving me the shiiiits. The peat In hardware stores has added ferts, the wrong sort.. peat adds micro nutrients ect and breaks down to help with anaerobic bacteria which help the chemical breakdown of nutrients so that the plants can use them more easily,like terrestrial plants do. Bunnings used to have a good peat but they stopped stocking it about a year ago or so. Coconut coir only drops the pH to 7. If those peat pot things are for nursery use I'd say they'd have frets in them but check. Call the manufacturer. The staff mostly won't know. The rest u'll have to look into urself.

Realistically yes. Normal 3mm scoffs, may by some specific panting media mixed in ( call fishchik and aoa) with a layer of laterite. When pulling up, not that the gravel s that deep, wriggle ur fingers down and scoop as much gravel as u can. When the plants up let the gravel drop away. Layer up whichever way with gravel mix, not ruff stones or that blk cr@p. When u plant put the roots between middle and forefinger and burrow down. Open fingers, give a little twist to let the gravel fall back onto the roots and remov fingers slowly. Got to be gentle with it as its in shock. It may start to shoot again in a week or a month. Depends on its previous care.

People that say 5cm of gravel is fine and their plants r fine annoy that shiiiiit out of me. On the veranda I have a 4'x30cmx2ft tall tank with 13 cm of gravel with VAL rowing in it and the roots are to the bottom of the tank. I have a few swords with roots that are at least 27 cm long... and I've just found out that a fricken possum likes sword plant leaves...h

l

ok as I said before I will be redoing the substrate with laterite and peat, now if I drain the tank and save the water, mix the laterite with the gravel (I won't be washing the gravel and mixing in the tank) to the correct depth then add 2 inch gravel topping, if I refill with the cycled water I saved, can I add my fish back in strait away