ca69f9b74233cb2eb34adfc0e02b150a.jpg

Had a chat with them and guy said you would need to board both sides

So by the time you plasterboard inside and use a weather proof board on external plus

Long concrete fixings I'm not sure just how cheap it would be

Only plus would be insulation properties which you couldn't beat

FJ

Seen a house on grand designs built with this, the owner said it was costly to do but he lived up in the hills and he mainly did it for the insulation side of it.

And from memory he rendered the outside

Edited by Sneakypead
More info added

They have been using this idea overseas for quite a few years now. I looked at this stuff for building a large DIY tank since I wouldn't ever want a concrete fish shed - terrible lighting, bad water absorbtion, costly and hard to extend, and you need to pour all the concrete in one continuous pour or it has no structural strength. The skills needed for a continuous pour make it too hard for DIY (in my case anyway) and a modified shipping container was a cheaper option for a tank so that's where I left it. The small insulative advantage this has could easily be replicated by gluing a sheet of polystyrene of similar thickness onto your shed wall.

The main advantage is you don't need to make the traditional wooden formwork with this concept BUT if you laid a concrete slab horizontally & let it cure, you could then pick it up and make slab sheds (or fish tanks) for much cheaper. A lot of industrial pre cast buildings are being made like this nowadays.

Concrete block 200 mm thick about $3 to buy, more for sandstone sort of look not just grey about $3.5O to lay plus core filled with concrete it doesnt need a continuous pour either you can get them standard and split faced for a rougher exterior look . Then you paint a waterproof membrane on the inside to waterproof it . Done a few for fish rooms , reptile rooms and gun rooms as well as under slab rain water tanks.only down side is if you want to run new power positions its solid concrete most guys just run it in conduit. .Its an expensive way to go but no need to render outside or sheet inside .If you want to extend you just pour another footing build a new wall tie it in to the existing one and keep on going .Need a door just get a quick saw to access the extension . By time you pay for the extras and render with the foam blox be interesting to work out the $difference .what size are the foam sections each and what is the core size to fill with concrete

Edited by billfish