Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yodapwnsasmurf

Culls/Feeders of ANYTHING!

yep fine to feed but dont over-do it as freshwater fish take longer to dissolve the salt levels -- is what i've been told !!

i would still be interested to know what happens to a fish if it gobbles up one or many bristlenose, fish of mine nearly died doing so but lucky managed to spit the bugger out.

yep fine to feed but dont over-do it as freshwater fish take longer to dissolve the salt levels -- is what i've been told !!

i would still be interested to know what happens to a fish if it gobbles up one or many bristlenose, fish of mine nearly died doing so but lucky managed to spit the bugger out.

my ellioti has had a few b/n fry an he is fine. I don't think the barbs are hard enough when they are the size I have. never been stabbed by one yet. when they bout 4-5 cm then that's when they start to get bristly. but even then I would think the barbs arnt big enough... ?? also if that was the case would any other feeder fish bones choke fish to?

Zillmere, so anywhere within 15 minutes would be great!

Sweet zillmere is only about 15-20 from Albany creek .there is a heap of feeders around that way and you only need collapsible bait traps that you can get from bigw for $7 and a couple of vegemite sandwiches for the feeder fish.theres even a creek that runs next to zupps car yard at aspley that has a little creek running next to it that use to have a heap of feeders in it. Sure there's a few guys that will lead you astray when you get here