KarenMick

Plants on driftwood?

Hey mate, I use rubber bands like you have done, I rekon they move around too much otherwise. I have tried zip ties too but same problem. I rekon what you have done is fine, just remember anubias grows painfully slowly!

The first thing you want to do with an Anubia is trim the roots right back. Don't be shy, trim them right back and just leave little stumps. They will respond to this and grow back much faster. Personally i find Anubias grow quite steadily.

I am not a huge fan of cotton. The logic with it is that by the time the plant attaches the cotton will have rotted and fallen off. However it doesn't just turn to dust so this means you can end up with a length of it getting sucked into your filter and wrapping around the impeller which is not such a great situation.

Fishing line is ok but can be a bit fiddly and at times a PITA to remove once the plant has grown around it so in the end i often use superglue which works a treat. A little care and you don't end up with too many dribbles so there is no unsightly mess.

Im not a huge fan of cotton or fishing line. As the plant grows/stems thicken the line cuts into the stem.

I've used superglue with great success, just dont go nuts as someone already mentioned it goes white so can look unsightly.

I put my trust in panty hose!!

Resilient ,non toxic & stretchy .

Just cut a thin strip & stretch it round the objects to be joined in holy wedlock.

Once complete & loose ends trimmed the PH is hardly visible.

It won't rot.

Seriously folks if there's a woman involved in your life ,or you happen to be one ,you will have an endless supply of this stuff.

Or else go buy a 2 pack from IGA for $3 like me.

The naked or beige tones are best in my opinion.

I use superglue gel, selleys brand available from woolies. It will set almost instantly when you put it in water. Don't apply too much, just spot it on. And yeah trim back the anubias roots before attaching as beencees mentioned.

Can't come to terms with the superglue idea.

Why don't you just try it? If you're worried about normal superglue, use the gel type like [MENTION=7500]watfish[/MENTION] suggests. It's easier to

work with. It only requires a tiny little bit like a smear. No unsightly string,

rubber bands or whatever that eventually will decay.