The Tech Den

Mangrove Root now in stock

Have about 30-40 pieces to select from and most range in price from $40 to about $60.

The pieces have been collected under permit of Department of Fisheries so collected legally.

Here is a pic of my favorite one from the bunch.

First in gets to pick the nicest pieces.

This piece is about 30cm across the base and stands about 50cm high. Some are a little wider some are a little taller and some are a little smaller - hopefully one to fit your tank nicely.

20140311_153122+%25281%2529.jpg

nice wood !

Yep - have some nice wood to choose from at the moment. Gold Vine, Mekong, Ghost wood and now the good ol Mangrove root to top it all off with. Only thing better than good wood is nice rocks to match - Texas, Seiryu, Pagoda, Strat Yellow and Yuan rocks. :)

just curious but what are the rules for collecting driftwood?

Mangrove are a protected species and to collect it legally you need to have a permit or licence from the department of fisheries. No permit or Licence and you get caught you are up for massive fines.

Here is a thread that information from the Department of Fisheries in regards to driftwood too.

http://www.qldaf.com/forums/general-aquarium-discussion-19/collection-dead-marine-wood-98897/

Looks good. better than spending money on fish. What substrate do you have there?

It is not my tank sorry. It is a aquascaper within Aus, I just thought I would show people the potential of the good wood Tech Den has for sale.

So everyone better buy it and make something cool like that :)

It is not my tank sorry. It is a aquascaper within Aus, I just thought I would show people the potential of the good wood Tech Den has for sale.

So everyone better buy it and make something cool like that :)

Just be quiet, a few rich kids/big spenders/players may hoard it and put it on a vault and we end up with $500 a piece of mangrove. Have kept on my pantry some huge pieces for rainy days so I won't be affected by inflations.

Back to topic. Sand looks like garnet based on the colour. I wouldn't think it'll be good for planted scapes.

John has some nice pieces there and moneywise worth it compared to what i'm seeing in other shops and the net.

Edited by litigator666

Where do I find wood on the web site or is it only on this forum?

We have it in store and not on the site - the problem is that mangrove is so different from piece to piece it is difficult to get a accurate picture of exactly what you would get and the best way to be happy with a piece is to see it.