Just wanting some knowledge on what the best paint is to use on the outside of my tank. Never painted before and going for a cheap option as opposed to 3d background. ?

Hey buddy, I went to bunnings and got the British paints spray paint(about $8 a can), I used heritage blue its slighty darker than sky blue. Just make sure you clean the glass thoroughly and give it a wipe down with turps for best results. cheers

Hey buddy, I went to bunnings and got the British paints spray paint(about $8 a can), I used heritage blue its slighty darker than sky blue. Just make sure you clean the glass thoroughly and give it a wipe down with turps for best results. cheers

turp's leave's an oily film so you need to clean with metho after you clean with turps, also acrylic paint applied with a roller (3-4 coats) is what i use.

turp's leave's an oily film so you need to clean with metho after you clean with turps, also acrylic paint applied with a roller (3-4 coats) is what i use.

I find if you put turps on wet and then wipe it of with a dry rag it removes all waxes and oils, its called prep washing. We used to do that in the smash repair shop I worked before cars were being resprayed, and don't forget masking tape and newspaper so you don't get overspray everywhere. :)

I was always a big fan of using metho for cleaning glass. Very very good :)

Best of luck with the project. Painted backgrounds look the bomb.

Cheers,

oh and PS- hi to all the old time QLDAF-ers. It's been a long while since I lurked on the forum.