Hey guys & Gals, Well i have finally got the tank inside. Thanks to my son & a very big mate of mine lol. We wanted a Reef tank, but i was made redundant 14 days before xmas & it was just so costly for us at this time (thanks to all who gave me advice on the marine set up) Everything to set up freshwater came with the tank, so this will do us for now. We only added a small amount of plant today as plants from the LFS seem to cost the earth? But we will add more later. We are going to get a couple of suitable fish tomorrow to get the cycle started(any suggestions?)

Cheers,

Troy

post-12589-14711631084862_thumb.jpg

post-12589-147116310844_thumb.jpg

post-12589-14711631084565_thumb.jpg

post-12589-14711631084713_thumb.jpg

Custom built i was told by my friend i git it off. 1810l x 610d x 760h. i used a tank calculator & that's what it told me? see what you come up with :) on the stand it measures from the ground to the top of the glass 1370mm.

I'm 6 foot tall & 139kg's and it makes me look like a barbie doll when i stand beside it lol

Edited by Bear

That must be a killer bit of driftwood, but i would check those plants are supposed to be

underwater. As for starting the cycle, the good old goldfish do the trick, otherwise a bit

of rotting prawn will get it started...

P.S. that looks like a nice home for a Jack :P

Yeah Rhysl it is big. weighs about 10 to 12kg. My son wants to put Barra in or a Saratoga. A mate of mine has a jack in his tank & it eats everything. Mice, Geckos & any fish he can give to it. He showed me a vid the other day of it smacking a Perch down. The funny thing is it won't actually eat it till he leaves the room? So he sets his phone up on the table and walks out lol.

I am kinda stuck on the Discus fish at the moment Theforgoten :) A predator tank would be cool tho :( Dam it now you pair have got me thinking haha

hahaha, i have been out of the fish groove for a while. But if your after a planted tank defs go with the

with the the discus, tetra's and blue rams (bol. rams are a bit bland.) Throw in a few cory's, BN and maybe

a loach or 6 and youve got a nice self sustaining tank :P

It all takes time thou mate. If i didnt just do massive clean up i'd mail you down enough plants to fill a 4ft tank

at the cost of postage, you just need to find someone with cuttings for a good price :)