How do we organise an auction ? as I went to my first one last night and had a ball except next time can we have more cichlids eg Musuli Point Yellow Tail Acei as I was really hoping to get some instead of guppys LOL but back to more serious note how would we organise an auction in Toowoomba as I'm sure if all the members in Toowoomba worked together surely we could Have one here at least once a year just to spice things up and also how many people from Brisbane would come as there are always a lot of people from Toowoomba that drive to Brisbane to pick up fish

would be great but as you know there are some massive egos up here (myself included LOL) maybe the auction ate nudgee junior is close to perfection atm (from a travel view) , i honestly think after last night to many auctions to close together it doesn't have the same feel anymore maybe if that was looked at it would be awesome ,Rome wasn't built in a day .im sure if toowoomba was to form a aquarium society/club it would be a big step in the right direction ,we could do a auction and group buys through forum sponsors and give the scene up here the kickstart it lacking atm . just my thoughts

I like the idea, and it would be really good to see it be a reality and there would be a few challenges involved. Its a numbers game and would need to have the support of volunteers, people coming to the auction itself, the costs to be covered including sponsors to get on board (if you wanted) to help cover the costs. Does not mean it is impossible - just a few challenges.

Be really good to see a club get together like TAS (Toowoomba Aquarium Society) - perhaps get in contact with those that know it the best - QFAS. Speak to people like:-

Graeme Day, Bill Smith, Greg Ure, Steve Baines

(phone numbers and contacts can be found from QFAS contacts) mclubs

Depending on which way you choose to go but the above people are top people and would hope they may give you some direction.

Best of luck with it and be awesome to see the hobby to have a auction at Toowoomba.

[MENTION=56]savage_roo[/MENTION] [MENTION=316]PeterJ[/MENTION] [MENTION=1584]Fish Junkie[/MENTION] [MENTION=70]xysti53[/MENTION]

Does that mean we'd have you as one sponsors John thanks for the list of people will give me some more people to talk to at the next auction

We would be more than happy to do what we can to help - love the hobby, all for things that help and bring the hobby together and the enjoyment of it. We might be a business but some things you can not put a price on. Seeing young kids with a smile on their dial, its what it is all about, I remember being one of those kids too.

We have a nice little thriving aquarium community here on the Sunshine Coast also. You just need to take the initiative and just step out and do it.

Last year i started up the club (sunshine coast aquarium society) here again and we have a good turn out every month and this year we plan to have our very first Auction also :)

An auction in toowoomba sounds sweet . Fishing thurzday Hunting friday then make a killing at the auction .count me in may even get some different sellers

sunny coast too , all sounds good

QFAS is the governing body of most auctions and the legends mentioned above are a good start

You don't need to get there help but as a starting from the ground up group

They would be invaluable to the cause

Also sounds like the sunny coast club is well on the way

Great to hear of more clubs up and coming

FJ

The first step would be to have a club up and running.

There was a club in Toowoomba years ago but it folded from lack of people supporting it.

One of the rules for clubs to be able to join QFAS is that they must have been operating for a minimum of 12 months.

Once the club was up and running I am sure a couple of people would travel to Toowoomba to help with talks etc.

And if you wanted to run your own club auction they would probably help with that as well.

The biggest problem you will face is finding the right time to do it as the calendar for the South East corner of Qld is very full.

There is either an Auction, Market Day or Show on every month of the year except January and December.

February - QAH Auction, Caboolture.

March - QFAS Auction, Indooroopilly.

April - QFAS Market Day Show & Betta Australis Inernational Betta Show, Caboolture.

May - QCG Auction, Virginia.

June - QAH Caboolture Show, Caboolture & QFAS Great Treasure Hunt.

July - QFAS Market Day - location yet to be decided - looking at southside location possibly Springwood.

August - RNA (EKKA) Show - Bowen Hills.

September - QAH Auction, Caboolture.

October - QCA Auction, Virginia.

November - QFAS Auction, Indooroopilly,

On top of these, the Gold Coast club are supposed to be having an auction sometime end September / October - no date yet.

And there are plans for another Betta Australis International Betta Show around the same time.

Graeme

Edited by xysti53

Put me down for a member, I think its a great idea...give me a year to finish school and I'll be able to give you guys a hand in setting it all up, volunteering etc...

Good start AA, auctions are significant part to the clubs' revenue but there is a whole array of things that can be contributed. My mates and I were still in school when we wrote articles, entered Home Show comps and later presentations. You should be tech savvy so a breeze.

Can you name the shops

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Tapatalk

No there not forum sponsors . but in my opinion they are the 2 reputable lfs in toowoomba. Its not important who wants a club?

I'M IN yes fully agree lets concentrate on get the numbers up first, everyone in Toowoomba should know which shop to visit and which ones see you coming before you get there by now or if not they should be using 1 of our sponsors after seeing the price difference for myself at one of our sponsors on the weekend

I think you should start a new thread with a few details and ONLY PEOPLE THAT SERIOUSLY WANT TO JOIN put your name down, that way the numbers are all in 1 spot to make it easier for whoever is wanting to organise to count, namely bulldrag i think is someone seriously interested in getting something going

I think you should start a new thread with a few details and ONLY PEOPLE THAT SERIOUSLY WANT TO JOIN put your name down, that way the numbers are all in 1 spot to make it easier for whoever is wanting to organise to count, namely bulldrag i think is someone seriously interested in getting something going

Feel free to mate .go ahead

Maybe john .im not keen to be the person in charge I am happy to help and support who ever wants to step up .I just want it to be about the hobby with my well known history up here I dont want that crap to come into it and affect the club in anyway so .I suggest maybe [MENTION=3694]JayPee[/MENTION] 4 president