Hey all so i've decided to give breeding a go, was. chasing a couple small tanks i could run sponge filters in and breed a couple fish, had 1-2ft tanks in mind 3 tops then i got offered this setup at a really good price and well couldn't refuse, after spending a few hrs sat dismantling it and picking it up we spent 16hrs yesterday welding the frame back together after cutting it up to get it out, wire buffed the whole stand painted it, fresh foam, cleaned all the tanks as they hadn't been cleaned in years, reassembled everything and well i'm happy with the way it's turned out, started filling it today and discovered a repair in the sump is leaking so i'll fix that this week and should hopefully have it cycling real soon and chasing some colonies, if anyone has any pm me. The rack consists of 3 tiers top tier has 2 4x2x2 and a 3x2x2 middle tier has 2 4x500x500 and a 3x500x500 bottom tier has the grow out tanks 2 4ft long by 2ft by 200mm high, which i'm goin to divide up, and of course the god old sump and a trusty grunfos pump to run it. Can't get photos to upload but will do my best to get them up soon. Any suggestions on what to breed or running i'm all ears... Thanks

Edited by Obeice

What type of fish are you after ? I started with common bristlenose and a few of the cheaper africans. Thought if I couldn't breed them, there's no use throwing more money at the breeding idea. 40 tanks later and I am going strong. Can't stop them breeding now and constantly trying to make room for new colonies. I thank other breeders I have visited/talked to for turning a spark into a raging bushfire

Edited by Chris Tschumy

What type of fish are you after ? I started with common bristlenose and a few of the cheaper africans. Thought if I couldn't breed them, there's no use throwing more money at the breeding idea. 40 tanks later and I am going strong. Can't stop them breeding now and constantly trying to make room for new colonies. I thank other breeders I have visited/talked to for turning a spark into a raging bushfire

hahaha that's how this has happened I was only looking for a couple of small tanks then I was offered this at what I thought was a good price, and well now I'm going to try and turn I into a breeding factory :)... in saying that i have 60 odd cichlids in a 5x2x2 and have been playing with there fry trying to work it all out seem to be travelling along nicely fingers crossed. I'm thinking of doing maingano, mpanga, electric yellow, ice berg electric blue, maybe venustus, hongi's and some common bristlenoses to begin with, what do you find id the easiest to move on?