I've got a 17 liter reef here that I would like to add a sump too, I'm just wondering what the best way to connect the two will be? The tank is stocked so drilling it and installing a weir is not an option. Doesn't anyone know the best way to go about this? It will have to be unobtrusive as well, it should only be handling around 100-200L/h. Thanks in advance.

Thanks very much, however it looks like that requires a hole to be drilled? And it is also a little pricey, I could afford to get a new tank and drill it for that.

post-2635-14711631126868_thumb.jpg

Do you think that one would work well with such a reduced water flow through it? It looks good, I wonder how big it is though, the tank is only 38cmx20 something cm.

There are many DIY designs on the net. I remember seeing on person using two pvc pipes (one big one small) placing it inside the other and then drawing water out and into the sump. Then placing an air line in it to remove any air thus creating a proper siphon.

If done with black piping it can be invisible too. but after time it would be covered in coraline anyway. This is very minimal and if you wanted more flow just place one in the other corner.

here is a pick of what i mean.

post-3669-14711631192126_thumb.jpg