Shaun1390

Sand for cichlid aquarium ???

I'm setting up a new 2 foot cichlid tank for my breeding electric yellows. I have never had a problem with breeding cichlids in small tanks.

But back to my quesion. I was wondering if anyone on here could give me advise on where to buy good quality sand for my fishiiessss.... And is there any decent shops that sell crushed coral around the North Side ???

THANKS

Edited by Shaun1390

I went to nuway landscape supplies and brought the white silver sand they have, I filled up a 60 ltr tub and 4 16 litre buckets and it cost me less than $20. I've heard most cichlids prefer sand to gravel also. cheers

Edited by dna

I DON'T CARE IF THE TANK IS TO SMALL FOR THEM.

If you dont care, then dont keep fish please... Sorry, but people that display an attitude like that are likely to try to keep Frontosas with neon tetras in a 2ft tank... Depending on stocking levels and such, breeding species that are recommended for larger tanks in small tanks can work, but often (not always) end in dead females / sub dom males and wasted time, effort and money. my 2 cents...

Play sand is cheap and looks good, fine coral sand is better for Africans though, emphasis on fine... coarse stuff can cut/scratch them when they want to dig

Edited by Cooder

If you dont care, then dont keep fish please... Sorry, but people that display an attitude like that are likely to try to keep Frontosas with neon tetras in a 2ft tank... Depending on stocking levels and such, breeding species that are recommended for larger tanks in small tanks can work, but often (not always) end in dead females / sub dom males and wasted time, effort and money. my 2 cents...

Play sand is cheap and looks good, fine coral sand is better for Africans though, emphasis on fine... coarse stuff can cut/scratch them when they want to dig

agreed

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Tapatalk

I'm setting up a new 2 foot cichlid tank for my breeding electric yellows. I DON'T CARE IF THE TANK IS TO SMALL FOR THEM. I have never had a problem with breeding cichlids in small tanks.

Why don't you care?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk