brennie91

Help with my oscar please

Is there anything on the tank that it could have bumped into as mentioned above?

looks like HITH but way to rapid to be anything like that.

if it has just ran into something, chuck some aquarium salt into the tank and also some melafix just to help heal the wound.

your next biggest concern would be to make sure that it does not get infected with some kind of funal or bacterial infection... As 'he' is still a small fish, they are not always the best at coping with infection.

HTH

I wasn't sure what it was so I gave him an 80% water change and refilled the tank with water from one of my other tanks and filtered tap water. I use Prime for conditioner and I gave him a dose of melafix when he went back in. What kind of salt do I need? Where can I get it?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I know but he's happy for now. We're looking at at least doubling the size in the next couple of months. We are in the process of setting up a 450l tank to upgrade 2 other tanks so everyone gets an upgrade. If that makes sense?

chuck goes into a 50l
...... You do know that he will grow to 30cm within a year, a growth rate of 2.5cm per month, eventually maxing out at 35-40 cm. a 50l is just wrong at least give him the 4 ft, angels can have 3ft and shrimp can have the shoe box!!

I have 3 10 month old oscars in a 5 ft with the biggest at least 25cm and I am seriously wanting to upgrade!!

Now I think about it... If he was caged in that 50l he probably hurt himself trying to breakout . Probably extremely jealous of the space the other fish have

Oscars are like dogs, they will recognize you when you come to them, they will be glad to see you and they will become your 'other' mans best friend, please give him the love and care he deserves and I promise you, you will enjoy being an Oscar owner!!

The only reason we haven't upgraded hin yet is we don't have a decent filter for the 4×2×2. We only got him a couple weeks ago and the poor bugger was squished in to a <10l tank. He's a lot happier in the 20l tank but we decided tonight that he will be getting upgrade next month at the latest. We're just hoping to get a 3×2×2 for him before then. Also considering getting Steve at aquarium factory outlet to make a 3×3×2 (l×d×h) for him.

The only reason we haven't upgraded hin yet is we don't have a decent filter for the 4×2×2. We only got him a couple weeks ago and the poor bugger was squished in to a <10l tank. He's a lot happier in the 20l tank but we decided tonight that he will be getting upgrade next month at the latest. We're just hoping to get a 3×2×2 for him before then. Also considering getting Steve at aquarium factory outlet to make a 3×3×2 (l×d×h) for him.

Use a cheap otto internal filter and put him into that 4x2x2 as soon as possible in a 50 litre tank you will need to do 100% water changes several times a day. If not he will suffer from poor water conditions and die.

I wasn't gonna say anything, but I have to....wow....just wow. He needs a 4x2x2 min, and 20 or 50 litres its down right cruel :( Were you aware they grow so big so quick when you got him?? In a tank that size, he will have trouble healing properly. Honestly they grow fast and output mega waste. Good luck with him and I hope you don't stunt him.