The Tech Den

I've been deceived!!

Did an order with a supplier and from time to time they will send something extra - a sample - something to try.

One of the items I thought - oh yeah breaking ground here (sarcasm) - a sponge filter no real biggy - well that was until I had a closer look.

Today we are looking at ways to save power in the fishroom or in tanks and usually the good ol sponge runs supreme here is a good sidekick.

Ceramic Underwater filter - this is no normal looking sponge. Definitely not what I was expecting and love the idea - great for Nano's - breeding

20140322_131435.jpg

20140322_131237.jpg

20140322_131709.jpg

I have listed them on the website - $15.40 then less your QLDAF discount - they come out at $13.86 - I think they are very well priced for what they are with the media.

The other thing I like is if you get a little worried when you clean your sponge too well - you have a nice little bacteria house on standby or use to seed another tank. Other than filtration it gives you a little less risk and handy for power outages - there are just so many situations they would be handy other than a good bio/mechanical air driven filtration.

Bio Sponge filter with compartment for ceramic bio media. Air driven simply connect to a air pump and you have a cheap way of filtration of both Biological Filtration with the porous bio media and also mechanical filtration with the Sponge.

I only just received a big order from the supplier on Friday and called them to say thanks for the teaser and looks like I will be ordering again on Monday and hope to have stock on Wednesday or Thursday. If you want to pre-order them, go for it.

I've used those in shrimp tanks with great results :) they are prettier than normal sponges and do an awesome job!!

They throw a bigger bubble than normal sponges and that did cause a splashing issue on the surface but they are just so much better looking that fixing that was worth while.. I recommend them, especially if you are doing a pretty tank.

haha and the one day I didn't you had the BBS in stock lol.

Yes, actually a VIP park in the shade would be lovely :)

And a bar out the back wouldn't be bad either lol

A bar out the back would be too tempting and would start earlier and yet strangely I think I would finish later and I would worry about the orders..lol

Will definitely be putting in a pre-order for two of these to pop in my current project system when it's complete! :clap2:

You will have to post up a few picks too when it is all complete.

You will have to post up a few picks too when it is all complete.

I most definitely will, with thanks! Might just be the deciding factor in convincing me to pick up a second Aquael Oxypro 150 to drive them...after all, a new system needs all new hardware, & such... lol