boddiz

~Skoobs new tank!~

Hey all'

thank you very much to Beau for throwing these up as I am having probs with dial up at moment and can't get on potobucket. Some will know I had this set up with tropicals in December only to have the silicone on the back wall let go on xmas morning. I spent 4 hours xmas day siphonig and taking out about 40-50 fish and cramming into other tanks. I was told I was mad to have such a large tropical set up and would look great with cichlids. I have seen the light and will be stocking with Dolpin,red empress, e/yellow & blue, venustus,kadanga and acei. my contact for fish and my budget only affords juveniles so as I believe I should only have males will be interesting to see how they grow and work out who can stay or go.

I have clown loaches, b/n, and sailfin plecs to go back in first (this weekend) and see how my ghost knives go with the africans(in about a week) till all grow.

any suggestions welcome.

new bracing glass has ben glued to base and walls for support and the hood was buit and wired by me. never liked the idea of coral in fresh setup (unnatural) but believe this will help ph buffering. has been filled from tap as well as approx 100litres of other fishtank water.

thanks again to Beau for posting pics, you're a champ.

thanks Tab, me too. nearly 2 months down and very nervous about it holding water. Roo looked at it just after xmas and everyone who did walked away scratching their head as to how silicone let go along whole edge. so fingers crossed cause I can't go thru all that again.

by the way all I got help from a glazier I know to do the silicone work (3 tubes). has been building tanks for 20 years although not many these days and certainly not big ones, but the good oil on silicone is bostik Rhodisil V2. swears by it.

Hey all'

thank you very much to Beau for throwing these up as I am having probs with dial up at moment and can't get on potobucket. Some will know I had this set up with tropicals in December only to have the silicone on the back wall let go on xmas morning. I spent 4 hours xmas day siphonig and taking out about 40-50 fish and cramming into other tanks. I was told I was mad to have such a large tropical set up and would look great with cichlids. I have seen the light and will be stocking with Dolpin,red empress, e/yellow & blue, venustus,kadanga and acei. my contact for fish and my budget only affords juveniles so as I believe I should only have males will be interesting to see how they grow and work out who can stay or go.

I have clown loaches, b/n, and sailfin plecs to go back in first (this weekend) and see how my ghost knives go with the africans(in about a week) till all grow.

any suggestions welcome.

new bracing glass has ben glued to base and walls for support and the hood was buit and wired by me. never liked the idea of coral in fresh setup (unnatural) but believe this will help ph buffering. has been filled from tap as well as approx 100litres of other fishtank water.

thanks again to Beau for posting pics, you're a champ.

Hey.

Lol thats fine, happy to help :)

Beau

gee i hope it holds together this time . i dont blame you for not wanting to have to do that again .lol

years ago i had a tank in my bedroom crack from one corner to tha other diagonally across the back and got woken up at about 3am to a water fall lol funny now but not then lol :):):)

good luck this time like to see more pics once it is stocked

mark

Nice to see it up and running

I have a 30cm bgn in with my fish and he can look after him self even with the baladigmas lol

E yellows always look good in any tank and a few E blues r cool as well

But Like I alway say have a look round find the fish u like and ask a ton of questions

Then make up ya mine on what you like

Andrew

the back wall let go on xmas morning. I spent 4 hours xmas day siphonig and taking out about 40-50 fish and cramming into other tanks.

Thats not good! How does that happen?

Good luck with this new set up.

like I said, even the most experienced tank builders & fish keepers walk away scratching their head.I've settled on the theory that the glass mustn't have been properly cleaned when built or re-sealed. Although it had been used previosly for years no prob.

clown loaches and catties went in today + bgk. aren't they glad to be out of the 3 footer.lol. by the way those pics were taken with my phone as batteries were flat in camera. will get better pics of hood and fish soon. fish are all little and others shy so hard to see atm but will be out more soon so will get pics later in week and see how Grum's getting on with gallery.

I hate dial up.

thanks for all your comments.

skoob.