liquidg

My favourite cave and grey nurse dive site.

This is an area that’s not part of the grey nurse zones and I will not say where as it may end up another silly green zone or worse!

This formation, which is the shallowest part of the biggest reef area in SEQ, starts at 14 meters and plateaus out at 43 meters, it is much deeper out a little further, but those are the depths at this part of the reef where I go. They are not featured in this video but I have others with them in the videos, this area literally crawls with crayfish, its hard to swim with out getting hooked of feelers,lol.

The video starts at the anchor and over into my fav semi cave dive site and onto a couple of chunky grey nurse that were the scouts for 12 all up with minutes that I assume felt safe with me there, though the largest male took to me with his tail.

There is a coral beauty, harlequin tusk, Moorish idol,forcipiger and more.

This video was from just over two years back.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201516146096757&set=vb.1569796931&type=3&theater

They were both around 12ish or so feet, which is big for that species and the second one is the one that tail slapped me. I checked later but there was no bruise form from it under my ribs. It got crowded after these guys looked me and Dave over.The female that came in later was bigger then the boys. I tried to get in close to get a close up of her really cool skin spot pattern as she didn't seem to give a rats, but the boy on my left gave me a wack, I don't think he liked it.All good though, no harm done!

I had to upload it off my brother’s data allowance, I just have 14 gig per year to use or I would upload most of my HD videos and my best, which is the longest video with so much in it! I swam for nearly ten minutes in one of the most prolific areas in SEQ taking that one and it goes from 35 feet then over the edges incorporating three drop offs of maybe 20 plus feet each to a reasonable depth reef to 115 feet to the sand and the transition of types of life in that one is really cool.

It would have been interesting to have a camera from all those years instead of just the last 3, luckily cameras are cheap these days and the 220 canon I have has a very good low light response, as I do not use any lighting and the camera housing fits into my wetsuit pocket.