grubby

Nice reef tank but I wonder if its too small for the number of fish

Bought some Vietnamese takeaway on Saturday night, very pleased to see they had flicked the Goldfish bowl and replaced it with a Reef tank, looks like its about 100 litres, with a rear sump. Nice I just wonder if they have too many fish for the size of the tank. Haven't keep marines for 20 years so a bit rusty, but I would suggest its overstocked. take a look. I count 8 but there may have been another clown that popped down behind some live rock.

post-3726-14711631165094_thumb.jpg

Edited by grubby

Not too bad.......... but looks like they have already taken a few cassualties.

RIP the elegance.

Doubt they will be stocking it any more.

Dotty back should see to that.

Will be very nice purple morph, bicolor angel and damsel tank.

Certainly enjoyable to watch while you wait for your food.

Yeah the only fish of the selection in there I would have would be the Bi-colour and the dottyback. My prefered centro's though were always Potteri, Flame and Coral Beauty, having kept all three at some point. Love dotty backs too, never been big on clowns, & damsels . Damm now I am thinking if I could convert my Juwel Rio 120 into a reef tank. I wonder if you could make a good enough sump to go in the cabinet. No room for a chiiler though ? Argh !!! Stop thinking about a reef tank Phil !!!!!

FYI donny.. when he bought that piece.. it died before he got it but still get it for the landscape i guess... now if u carefully look at it.. the bubble and the one on the right to it shrank.. any idea why?

RIP the elegance.

FYI donny.. when he bought that piece.. it died before he got it but still get it for the landscape i guess... now if u carefully look at it.. the bubble and the one on the right to it shrank.. any idea why?

Water test data?

ammonia

nitrite

nitrate

phosphate

salinity

temperature

KH

Magnesium

Calcium

I'd say its one of the above....... and if not, theres a bicolour angel to blame :D

im not sure about the ammonia but we took a sample to Pet City and they told us that to change the water and feed the corals cause we've nopt fed them since we bought them and plus that he hsant changed the water for two week... what u are seeing is the first two weeks... additional equipments are a heater a skimmer on top and a wave maker inside

Water test data?

ammonia

nitrite

nitrate

phosphate

salinity

temperature

KH

Magnesium

Calcium

I'd say its one of the above....... and if not, theres a bicolour angel to blame :D

Try to get people to write down test results for you, that way you get the most use from the data.

Its hard to give advice without data, let alone narrow down why a certain invert is sulking.

2 weeks is just a start though, I look forward to seeing what can be achieved at 2 years!

Went into this restaurant last night to get some take away, all the corals are dead or dying and the Bicolour Dwarf angel,clownfish and the Dotty Back are gone. Sad.

RIP the elegance.

My food would go cold, i'd spend half the night admiring it 😱