dna

Red cichlds/ peacocks

Hey brothers, My fiancé has been hassling me to get some red cichlids for my display tank. Most of what I've seen advertised as red (eurekas'/red zebras') seem to be more orange in colour.

Are there any cichlids that are a proper red in colour. I've seen german reds online and they look really nice

post-10831-14711631180554_thumb.jpg

post-10831-14711631180628_thumb.jpg

This is the type I'm after, is this possible or have these been photo shopped ?

Three options - really good quality fish, photo shopped or fed white crane/a similar product.

Its all about getting red gene fish with no yellow gene (as that turns them orange)

With german red rubins, most have some yellow gene..... order 20 get 3 red and 7 orange males.

Whats more likely than photoshopping is just adding crazy LED lighting like the ista RGB ones.

Makes even orange goldys nice and red.

Yes fish with red genes can be bling'ed using astax products like the infamous white crane.......... but if they dont already have the genes, it will do nuffink.

Its all about getting red gene fish with no yellow gene (as that turns them orange)

With german red rubins, most have some yellow gene..... order 20 get 3 red and 7 orange males.

Whats more likely than photoshopping is just adding crazy LED lighting like the ista RGB ones.

Makes even orange goldys nice and red.

Yes fish with red genes can be bling'ed using astax products like the infamous white crane.......... but if they dont already have the genes, it will do nuffink.

Have you seen any proper red peacocks around donny? do you sell fish at aoa ? If you do would you be able to order any in? sorry for all the questions.