Where do you guys think is the best place for collecting rainbows, blue eyes, gudgeons, tandanis, perch and maybe mouth almightys around the Brisbane area? If you've found anything else interesting that would also be great.

Actually Annerley Aquarium has a great range of Bows too.

Try Moggil Creek, ithaca creek and Samford Ck for Crimsons. Bribie Island behind woolies for Blueeyes. Gudgeons almost anywhere. Blackwater wallum creeks along the coast for Rhads.

In short any creek that is pretty much intact and hasn't been buggered by humans, i.e the Riparian Line is intact, i.e native trees along the creek, little or no feral vegetation such as cane grass or Camphor Laurel or Chinese Elm as there leaves are fish killers.

Look for Good sandy, Gravel or rocky creek beds, no Concrete culvets. Clean water with either flow or deep pools. And no feral fish, the more Tilapia, Carp Swords and Gambusia you see, the less natives you usually find and Viceversa.

Farm paddocks are usually no good as live stock trample the creek and chances are the native vegitation has been cut down and replaced with non native grass like Kikuya which will invade the creek along with other weeds and farmers will spray with all sorts of pesticides and herbacides which is usually fatal to fish.

I recently found a creek that had the largest Tilapia population I have ever seen as well as large amounts of carp and Gumbusia. It also was stocked to VERY high ammounts of Crimsons, Hardy Heads, gudegons, huge Yellow Belly, Spangled Perch, the largest Eel Tail catfish I've ever seen and bass. I was pretty shocked that there were so many thriving natives amongst the pest fish. I guess the river could just support a lot of fish and the pests will eventually take over, but it's good to see them holding their own at the moment.

This is the Teviot Brook if anyone wants to go try removing some of the Tilapia :)

Once they have settled, drop in an algae wafer and watch the males light up

From what I can remember, these are the ones I caught at Oxley Creek

I caught these guys in Cabbage Tree Creek, they were everywhere!

I had a five minute look in my favourite spot on Johnson Rd, I was after glass shrimp. Got a few and a nice small blue Cherax, the only fish I saw I caught were swordtails, but I could see Crimsons and Purple Spots, but yeah quite a lot of water went through there. I'd give it a week. Blunder Ck near the army base on Johnson Rd was still pumping and Oxley Ck was really shifting. The only reason the little stream further up was back to normal was that it doesn't seem to have a huge catchment, but is feed from a spring and so is always full.

I've got a mate who lives on currumbin creek talking to him yesterday said it got a good flush out clearing a lot of weed and you can get up the creek now and has cleared up already

hey guy would like the chance to go collecting with one on i have a spot in nundah that needs a look at i fished their one day and caught heaps like ell tail cat fish talipia an bass and plenty on smalls swimming around seen fresh water bream and mullet and on other day i drag netted it and caught a bull route if any one interested plz let me kno would love to go collecting here thank colby