the cichlid kid

Help: Submersible pump with small dimensions

Hi guys,

I am on the hunt for a sump pump (preferably adjustable) that has a flow rate between 2000 and 3000Lph. But I'd like to be as small as possible in width. The ones I've found so far seem to be around the same width 85mm (Tunze, Eheim, Hydor seltz)

Does anyone know of one a pump that is narrower than 85mm?

Thanks,

Beau.

H Beau,

Rio 2100 or 2500 power heads are 7cm wide and have reasonable head height. Or you can drill a hole in sump and use an external pump if space is tight.

70mm! that's what I'm talking about. Thanks for that Winston. I am tight for space, but I'm tight on all 4 sides of the sump so an external install is a no go.

You don't happen to know where Rio pumps can be purchased online in oz? A quick google turned up nothing.

I know you've listed Eheim already but the Eheim compact+ 3000 and 2000 are only 82mm wide.

Usually I would go the eheim as I'm a fanatic of their products (as I know you are also) but space is really tight. I am trying to design a sump for a nano reef tank will fit in a space of 250x300mm that can incorporate a skimmer, refugium and return section.

My suggestion would have been the Tunze or Eheim also.

You know I'd get an eheim without even hesitating usually Ben but I have to make the maximise any space where I can otherwise the refugium just keeps getting smaller and smaller.

Can anyone else top Winston with something less than 70mm?

Thanks,

Beau.

Remember with the Eheim compact+ series you can also run them outside. So maybe, if space permits, you could house the pump above the sump. Essentially drawing up and out of the sump.

Remember with the Eheim compact+ series you can also run them outside. So maybe, if space permits, you could house the pump above the sump. Essentially drawing up and out of the sump.

Ozmo, you're a genius! That thought hadn't even crossed my mind. That opens up many options…..…food for thought. Thank you.