rainbowrunner

List of people who want to go collecting natives

I like collecting and breeding natives as many of you know, but find it hard to get the time to collect or to make plans to do so especially organizing with others, alot of the time its on the spur of the moment or Im in an area doing something else, for example, a romantic weekend away and the traps just happen to be in the car and there is a nice looking creek nearby, or just going for a Sunday drive and a swim somewhere and again the traps are in the car.

Also I have met so many people on here and Angfa through collecting and people acquiring and trading fish and plants that I forget who is who.

So in the interest of natives, getting like minded people and beginners together(and me remembering who Ive fished with) this thread can be used to PM or contact others that have replied with their details here.

Im in Pine Rivers and Mondays are usually best for me - PM me

Since its too cold to collect I’m google mapping and saving places I want to go when the weather warms up :ranger: hopefully it warms up soon I’m getting impatient.

I like collecting and breeding natives as many of you know, but find it hard to get the time to collect or to make plans to do so especially organizing with others, alot of the time its on the spur of the moment or Im in an area doing something else, for example, a romantic weekend away and the traps just happen to be in the car and there is a nice looking creek nearby, or just going for a Sunday drive and a swim somewhere and again the traps are in the car.

Also I have met so many people on here and Angfa through collecting and people acquiring and trading fish and plants that I forget who is who.

So in the interest of natives, getting like minded people and beginners together(and me remembering who Ive fished with) this thread can be used to PM or contact others that have replied with their details here.

Im in Pine Rivers and Mondays are usually best for me - PM me

I have traps in both the cars, never know when you may come across a creek on your travels

I got mine from kmart ( or bigW) next to the box traps, or bcf if your after something a little bigger, i use a landing net with small holes as well as the littler red nets. The little red nets i got did have an issue where the handle like to separate from the wire that held the netting on, but a few zipies and there a lot more secure

Off to upper Brisbane River tomorrow for camping and fish collecting on a friends cattle station. It's near where the river splits into East and West branch.

Normally see purple spots, rainbows, banded grunters, spangled perch and bass. Hoping to find some mouth almighties.

Update from my collecting over nighter in Brisbane Valley.

I never made it down to the Brisbane River, just concentrated on its feeder systems.

Plenty of crimson spotted rainbows. Big schools in most creeks and rapidly drying holes. Kept 6, 2 big adults, but hard to get photo of.

2014-10-06184405.jpg

I managed to find a lot of these fellas.*Added another 3 to keep my other one company.*

If you want to see these when snorkeling you have to get very comfortable in the water and sit looking amongst the rocks on the bottom for a long time.

2014-10-06155438.jpg

Probably caught close to 100 each of glassfish and hardyheads. All released.

2014-10-06155401.jpg

2014-10-05170047.jpg

And as always in the Brisbane Valley plenty of these fellas trying to hide

2014-10-06155614.jpg

2014-10-06155516.jpg

Below this area the LNP have planned to put in Brisbane's next big dam. Let's hope this doesn't happen.

Looking for a good spot on the northside to collect non natives for feeder fish.

I'd prefer not to use natives and do the environment a favour by looking for a place where there is an abundance of pest species.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.