Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yodapwnsasmurf

Pond Clean Out

Hey guys,

Council came over today and told me the pond had to go before Monday.

It's home to a lot of fish and I'd love them to go to good new homes.

I've put together a list, if there's anything that interests you, give me a call and make me an offer, I won't be checking PMs and won't be replying to texts (out of data for the month).

20 + Hybrids Mbuna, look to be Rusty X and would make great feeders for bigger fish.

Reverse trio of Malawi Baracuda, 25cm and a pair look to be courting.

Various natives including Tandanus, Rainbows, Empire Gudgeons, Murray Cod and Barra.

5 Good sized Bumblebee Catfish - Spoken for.

10+ Feeder Goldfish

Platys and Mollies.

A pair of Pink Convicts

7 Large Spanner Barbs - 10cm+ - Spoken for.

Roughly 5 large Flowerhorn

And a heap of various deformed fish to be used as feeders.

The pool (12ft) and filter will also be for sale, just looking to get some of my money back.

My number is 0478123061

Pick up is ONLY tonight and tomorrow the 12th of April.

Located in Zillmere.

Finn

Pond!? Damn, sounds more like it must be a lake with all those critters in it.

As for this:

Yep.

Apparently anything that holds more than 300ml of water is a pool.

Jeez, i better not be leaving any coffee cups sitting around outside.

GLWS

That sucks to hear :( how big is the Murray Cod/Barra

Murray cod is probably not much more than 5cm and the barra is bigger but has a slight gill deformity.

Pond!? Damn, sounds more like it must be a lake with all those critters in it.

As for this:

Jeez, i better not be leaving any coffee cups sitting around outside.

GLWS

It's a big pond haha!

Apparently even a fish tank outside is classed as a pool... :/

If you are able to show it's only for fish/aquaculture then it is not a swimming pool so then the pool fencing laws don't apply. Taken from http://www.hpw.qld.gov.au/SiteCollectionDocuments/PoolSafetyInspectorGuideline.pdf .

However, you would need a pool safety inspection (there is a large list of accredited independent inspectors available) to make a ruling or to make this distinction much more obvious than just throwing some fish and plants into a swim pool.

Or you could look at fencing it....?

screenshot_zps2598ccb0.jpg

If you are able to show it's only for fish/aquaculture then it is not a swimming pool so then the pool fencing laws don't apply. Taken from http://www.hpw.qld.gov.au/SiteCollectionDocuments/PoolSafetyInspectorGuideline.pdf .

However, you would need a pool safety inspection (there is a large list of accredited independent inspectors available) to make a ruling or to make this distinction much more obvious than just throwing some fish and plants into a swim pool.

Or you could look at fencing it....?

screenshot_zps2598ccb0.jpg

Thanks man, the guy at the pool safety council said that if it was built for use as a pool (which my pool is) then it is still classed as a pool. How old is your info?

Also with fencing, it needs to be special fencing which overall is going to be out of my budget.

The info I posted is taken from Qld Govt web page so it should be current.

You have to show it's for fish only so an accredited pool safety inspector can make a ruling. Why don't you ask some of the other fish pool owners that have passed inspections who they used?

Or you can try a cut down rainwater tank. They don't look like swim pools. This one is about 5000L

Safest to pull the pool down in mean time if the council have already made a judgement.

[/img]

Yeah I'll empty it but keep all the parts, should be able to set it back up if I can convince them it's not a pool.

Might end up going Rainwater Tank but I don't have the cash at the moment.

Tandanus size? I will throw you an offer.

They're small, maybe 5cm.

Yoda, how did they catch you? Neighbor over the back dob you in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the neighbours did, honestly don't know why it bothered them, only thing I can think of would be that they thought I was causing the mosquitoes but with that many fish in the pond there's no chance.