QldMick

Hikari Cichld Bio-Gold Plus

Ensures the highest amount of carotenoid is absorbed by your cichlids

Enhances sheen and luster, and promotes balanced growth

Floating pellets won't cloud the water

Contains natural color enhancers, Vitamin C, and beneficial microorganisms for improved coloration, digestion, disease resistance, and reduced waste.

Expect vivid coloration, not possible with other diets, as a direct result of the high levels of pure cultured spirulina and highly purified astaxanthin in Hikari Cichlid Bio-Gold+. The addition of beneficial microorganisms provides improved digestion, rapid growth, reduced waste, and improved water quality. Stabilized Vitamin C promotes resistance to stress and immunity to infectious disease for long-term health.

Feeding Suggestions:Feed two to three times daily the amount your fish will eat within a few minutes. Remove all remaining food after the feeding period to avoid over-feeding and the water quality problems associated with this action. The benefits of Hikari Cichlid Bio-Gold® Plus will only be realized with continued, uninterrupted use.

Ingredients:Fish Meal, Wheat Flour, Brewer's Dried Yeast, Gluten Meal, Spirulina, Fish Oil, Bacillus Subtillus, Enzyme, Garlic, Astaxanthin, Monosodium Glutamate, DL-Methionine, Vitamin A Oil, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K), Choline Chloride, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (stabilized Vitamin C), Inositol, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Niacin, Folic Acid, Biotin, Ferrous Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Cobalt Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate.

Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein 45% Min

Crude Fat 5% Min

Crude Fiber 2% Max

Moisture 10% Max

Phosphorus 1% Min

Microorganisms 10,000 CFU/g Min

Wanting to know who else is using this product and what everyone else thinks. To me it seems like both premium aquarium foods and aquaculture feeds will incorporate these living beneficial microorganisms in the future, its just Hikari was the first on the mark. I'm wondering who is using this product? and for what? if i had my yellows and icebergs separate I could probably feed it exclusively to by icebergs and expect the best results. The "Promotes Vivid color even in UV deficient habits", to me seems like something that is often missing in many aquarium fish, perhaps these beneficial micro organisms can provide something not available to aquarium fish in an inside tank environment, I always felt my fish could be at their best grown in outdoor ponds.

Anyway this looks like a next step to me..

hey Richard i like it too. The american cichlid color seems to be present mostly regardless of diet, while in the African haps they seem to vary much more with the same stock. I'm interested to see where Hikari go with this.

Just something to take into consideration, the part that you do not see is one thing that Hikari takes very seriously and a big part of their R&D that they do not just take the results on the outside appearance although they do get excellent results here of a fish, but they put a lot of resources into research of the effects of their food on the inside and look at organ development, fatty tissue and the pro biotic also works well in this respect as well.

Thanks the techden, the R@D is something i very much take into account and is indead on my mind now as was with my first post. I do believe in this case the results come from the inside out, but you have to take into account the outside appearance to some degree. my two biggest (original breeders) are 18cm from the stout to the two tips of the tail, plus they have bulk. whilst i haven't been here to feed them the whole time, they got protein pellets, hikari cichlid bio-gold and spectrum, if i was here to always take care of things i belive the Bio gold would be the number one. unfortunately they became way over socked whilst i was away and i lost most of my females.

Please remember i take their lab results most seriously. "Lab verified Superior growth", "The most technologically advanced cichlid diet", "worlds first beneficial diet with beneficial microorganisms", "promotes vivid color even in UV deficient habits" "offers an extreme feed efficiently rating".

don't think we can call bull**** on hikari, and in person i trust their results.

It would be good if they made the bio-gold in 1kg or larger quantities, and a larger pellet would also be handy... Americans power through it reasonably quickly. I use Hikari cichlid gold, bio gold, massivore and occasionally NLS but the oscars and rivulatus aren't too fussed on the NLS - they would prefer hikari any day. They liked ocean nutrition cichlid pellets too but they are way too small now... going off topic..

Edited by Kitah

[MENTION=6570]QldMick[/MENTION] I would avoid feeding your yellows too much Astaxanthin, it has a habit of making them go dirty.

thanks for the advice, i may remember something like that. my yellows arnt on just bio-gold and havent shown such problems yet, a few show up that arnt so are a bit like that but that me just pulling out the bad genetics.

i definitely agree its more an ideal feed for for peacocks and haps than mbuna. still like the idea of beneficial living micro-organisms as part of the feed for all fish.

cheers

mick

Ahahaha just stocking up :P

good idea, would of got more bio-gold and some bulk spectrem from the techden but finances dont allow, plus i might fase out the protein pellets my parents picked up from the lfs while i was away.

cheers

mick