A few years ago I replaced the ballasts in my 3ft 30w with 4ft 36w units as they were the only ones I could find at the time. I doubt an electrician would recommend it etc, a pro the tubes will run brighter, cons will run brighter, they will emit more heat, have a shorter life span, just possibly cause a fire tho if well ventilated shouldn’t be an issue but I am a chef and far from a SME to be giving advice. There are a number of sparkies on here that can offer some guidance.

Seriously just buy a new one not worth the drama if something goes wrong as a sparky too many people do the diy approach im all good for plug and play items but u be suprised the amount of jibs I got to were they liven up the frames of things like lighs just buy a new one or even spend a little more and upgrade to led

Seriously just buy a new one not worth the drama if something goes wrong as a sparky too many people do the diy approach im all good for plug and play items but u be suprised the amount of jibs I got to were they liven up the frames of things like lighs just buy a new one or even spend a little more and upgrade to led

your right😒

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Tapatalk