The Tech Den

Ad Konings - coming to Australia and what's in a book and prizes

It looks like the dates are coming together for Ad Konings to come to Australia and all going according to plan it looks like for Queensland at least the temporary date at this time is the 14th March which should be confirmed later in the year.

For things like this to happen it all costs money and the same for bringing new information from the lakes and the costs for his expeditions and one of the ways is through his Cichlid Press Books. This is one of the main reasons we support Cichlid Press and have them as cheap as what we do. It goes to a good cause that helps the hobby. Although it can be easy to simply google information - the best and more importantly correct information seems to come from him. His books are awesome reference materials available and if you know anyone with one of his books ask them what they think.

If you have one of his books, and you do not mind add to this post and tell people what you think. It all goes to a good cause.

Now for the prizes.

The Tech Den are going to give away two books

- not just any book and not a cheap book either. It will be the Celebrating Cichlids book and it will be personally signed by Ad Konings himself.

The first book will be for the best Cichlid Press Book review based on the reviews below.

The second book that we give away will be a lucky dip - and all you have to do is buy a Cichlid Press Book from us and be a QLDAF member in the next 3 months. So make sure you use the QLDAF discount when you purchase. The books that qualify are as follows.

Aquarium Fish Books

The Back to Nature range of books.

Celebrating Cichlids

Enjoying Cichlids 2nd Ed by Ad Konings

Malawi Cichlids In their natural habitat 4th Ed

South American Dwarf Cichlids

Tropheus in their Natural Habitat

This is what the prize looks like -

CELEB-CICH-2.jpg

Agree totally, I have a collection of Ad's books and learn something new every time I open one of them.

And mine are already signed by Ad, I had the pleasure of meeting Ad last time he visited Brisbane some years ago and he very kindly signed them all for me :)

Cheers, Doug