AussieRicho

What is a good Clamp on Light?

I am deciding to go with a DIY lighting setup in my new 2ft aquarium. I was going to have three clamp on desk lights with CFL lights in each. I have been to Bunnings but wasn't to impressed with the selection. I was wondering if anyone has found a good clamp on desk lamp that they could suggest? I have attached a image to help explain what what I am talking about (These Lamps in the image are from Wallmart).

post-12519-1471163135221_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately can't offer any suggestions but I'll just say quickly, be wary of heat output. I tried this once and the desk lamp's metal covering literally melted a hole in my pillow case (was on the bedside table)

This set up cost me $25. The homemaker lamp was $15 but just didn't have enough output but it's clamp is amazing so combined with a $10 10w led flood light off eBay from an Australian seller, a bit pine and some black paint. I think you could make a timber frame to hang some of them rather easily.

Sent from my who cares using Tapatalk

I am deciding to go with a DIY lighting setup in my new 2ft aquarium. I was going to have three clamp on desk lights with CFL lights in each. I have been to Bunnings but wasn't to impressed with the selection. I was wondering if anyone has found a good clamp on desk lamp that they could suggest? I have attached a image to help explain what what I am talking about (These Lamps in the image are from Wallmart).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49773[/ATTACH]

Don't know about how waterproof these are which would concern me

2pcs 10W 12V Warm White LED Flood Wash Light Outdoor Lamp Waterproof IP65 | eBay

I found it easiest to purchase the 240v versions and you don't then need to (purchase and) run a power pack to get it gown to 12v just add a plug to the end of cord that comes with the light

Make up a frame and mount something similar to these they can come in cool white as well which is a whiter light

Hmm that's odd my response is inside the quote, oh well fat fingers and phone aren't mixing to well tonight I guess ;)

Didn't realise they were the 12 v versions ,meant to be 240v ones

Guess I should read things properly

Some good options guys, thanks :) I decided to Build a stand and go with 3 40w clamp lamps from Bunnings (Even though I said I didn't like any) Each will have a 12w 6500k Daylight CFL in each which should do the trick. Will post an image once done to show and maybe help anyone else that may be interested in the same option. The first step is done so far.

post-12519-14711631358169_thumb.jpg

post-12519-14711631357595_thumb.jpg