lilviss

Ideal brisltenose breeding setup ideas

What would be your ideal for a breeding bn setup if money was no object?

I have a 2ft tank divided in 2 (longfins in each side) with mesh with aquaclears on each side and jager heaters, black diamond quartz gravel. Considering adding a canister with UV sterlizer

What could i add to encourage breeding? And what would your ideal setup be?

I would sump it too many tanks for a canister filter....

(Would you put any extra effort in to try and mimic their natural habitat? ) maybe on one or 2 tanks to see how it turns out....but I would prob just put some drift wood and a cave in their maybe some low light plants

or an 8way air pump and spongies, SLR did you mean a 4ft stand as two 2"ters wont fit on a 3ft rack :peep:

no I ment 2fters on a 3ft stand the bunnings rack it sizes are 3ft long X 2ft wide X 6ft high

and the tanks im going to use are 2X18X18....2 of these side by side..using the 18inch side as the front so 2 of them is 3ft

I would use 3x2x1 tanks divided in 3, 4 tiers and just use sponges if you wanted to spend the extra sump it

yer but if you divid the tanks a 1x2x1 is to small for bristle nose or plecos ....but a 2x18x18 would be perfect....2 2x18x18 = a 3ft X 2ft X18

I'm setting up tanks on canisters, only cos I have canisters sitting around though.

2 tier with 3x2x2 and 3x2x18"

2 tier with 2ft cube and 2.5x2x12"

Fluval 406, eheim 2215, fluval 206 and eheim 2211

Sponges for all tanks, bare bottom, driftwood with Java fern and lava rock with anubias in the holes.

Cherry shrimp and endlers as tank mates too.

Well that's the plan, just have to do the transfer when I get time :-)

In regards to filtration you only need to consider what is going to be able to handle the bio load (which is not much with a few bristlenose). You would definitely be able to get away with some air operated sponge filters which is a good idea for breading as the fry wont get sucked into the filter. And yeah you would be better off taking away the divider and having just one pair or trio. Have lots of caves and trying flushing the tank with some cooler water to induce spawning.