1stly was it in the national park if so its protected so put it back! Secondly put it back anyway it belongs in that creek not some pissy little fish tank. poor thing will stress to death its different when they know no better a come from the hatchery as juvies but this is a wild fish

1stly was it in the national park if so its protected so put it back! Secondly put it back anyway it belongs in that creek not some pissy little fish tank. poor thing will stress to death its different when they know no better a come from the hatchery as juvies but this is a wild fish

ARRRR firstly the tank its in is 8x2.5x2.5 and the creek (pool) it was caught in was about 5inches deep and about 4 foot long, it looked happier in my tank than the creek lol. And secondly it is a national park so why are there trout in the f*%king creek. I brought it home to study it and make sure it was a pest or not before releasing it back. Anyway, it was tasty lol

There are 2 more mmmmmmmm sunday lunch I thinks lol

Last I checked trout are illegal in QLD. I could not bring them over the border for an aquaponics setup and none of the farms could sell to me.

I also understood from research you can't keep them in aquariums either.

So it is considered a pest if found in any of the streams here!

Last I checked trout are illegal in QLD. I could not bring them over the border for an aquaponics setup and none of the farms could sell to me.

I also understood from research you can't keep them in aquariums either.

So it is considered a pest if found in any of the streams here!

Exactly right

They tend to die when water is much above 22 degrees C

not many people willing to run a chiller to keep a trout.

Illegal to keep in QLD without permit although legal to keep in NSW where it was caught. Is fishing allowed in National Parks in NSW?? Certainly would be shot fishing in a National Park in QLD - irrespective of what you are catching!

Edited by none