I've had this little tank sitting on my desk cycled for a while now while I figured out what to do with it.

I've made up my mind and I have turned into a lagoon tank that is housing some Cassiopea xamachana. Since I took these photos I have replaced the filter with an Aquaone clear view 100 and I have added some mangrove leaves as my research has led me to find that the jellyfish larva like to settle onto the underside of fallen mangrove leaves. I wasn't planning on having any coral but I wanted to remove some clutter from my reef so I added a few in. Hopefully they do well in the very low flow that they are in.

IMG_4508_zps20fa7c26.jpg

IMG_4507_zps3967b525.jpg

IMG_4509_zps941449cd.jpg

IMG_4510_zpsd12ac03e.jpg

IMG_4511_zpscde85db2.jpg

Yeah I collected them myself, there were thousands in the lagoon. They're very interesting creatures, I have been wanting them ever since I saw them at Underwater World when I was a child.

Do you know how large they have to be to breed? I am hoping to propagate them. I've added some dead mangrove leaves as I read that the planula like to settle on the underside of fallen mangrove leaves.