shane_90

My Breeder Tank Project

Howdy all, Long time lurker first time poster :)

I have been working on this little project for a while now an today i finally got it running. Its still not working 100% just yet as there is a few issues i need to fix up.

Let me know what you think and any ideas on how i can improve it. I appreciate your time, Thanks.

Looks good mate, what do you plan on breeding in there?

Thanks, Not to sure what i will be doing with it just yet, i thought about breeding Bristlenose, or growing out some fingerlings to put in our dam.

It all look brand new! Very nice.

All the plumbing is new except for the return rail i modified that to suit this tank it was used on another system ages ago.

Very nice tidy setup :-)

Thanks

nice and tide set up,

couple things i'd add,

filter wool, you don't seem to have anything to polish your water, and if you go bn you will need that, also while bio balls are great in a wet and dry sump i would also add some other media under the bio balls, say in the bottom section some scoria or noodles, maybe take out some bio balls and put a layer of filter wool on top of them, so it's easy to remove and clean or replace pending on what you use,

nice and tide set up,

couple things i'd add,

filter wool, you don't seem to have anything to polish your water, and if you go bn you will need that, also while bio balls are great in a wet and dry sump i would also add some other media under the bio balls, say in the bottom section some scoria or noodles, maybe take out some bio balls and put a layer of filter wool on top of them, so it's easy to remove and clean or replace pending on what you use,

I have some other media to go into the sump as soon as i have it running better, I have some wool and some noodles to go underneath the bio balls. I made the video within a minute of firing it up for the first time.

This is a trial that im doing at the moment, it has helped quieten down the gargle a little and also gives me an emergency overflow if the mesh does get clogged, I shut off 2 tanks an it still managed to keep from overflowing. Only drama is it leaves an opening for fish to get sucked down but being an emergency overflow it wont be used that often hopefully.

post-11326-14711631425272_thumb.jpg

post-11326-14711631425091_thumb.jpg