ageofaquariums

Hydor ETH Inline Heaters - Back in Stock !!

Hydor ETH Inline aquarium Heaters - Back in Stock

hydor_eth_heater.jpg&c=resize&p=190x300

The Hydor ETH In-Line External Heater is designed for vertical use in most aquarium applications involving water hose of the specified diameter. The ETH must be used in a vertical manner for correct operation. The most common application is for use with a external canister filter. However the ETH is easily adapted for use in almost any situation where heated aquarium water is required, such as with wet/dry sump pumps. The ETH is easily installed by cutting the tubing and connecting the two parts of the tube to each side of the ETH. For reduced maintenance, it is recommended that the ETH be installed within the filter’s output assembly. As most canister filters are not designed to bear weight, it is recommended that the ETH be properly supported by the use of the attached loop to avoid stress on the output assembly.

The ETH is completely safe. There is no danger of damage if the ETH is left running dry for short periods as the ETH will switch itself off in that event. The ETH heats with high efficiency by means of an internal heat pump system that avoids temperature variations. For use in freshwater and marine aquariums. Fits most canister filters.

Priced from $89.95 for the 200w units and $99.95 for the 300w

Link - Age of Aquariums - Hydor ETH Inline Heaters

Ben

IME running a UV on the inlet (intake) makes for a dirty bulb very quickly.

yep.

With a canister its best on the outlet, as also less particles that can sheild nasties after water passes through mechanical filtration in canister.

If its a gravity fed filter in a pond though, its best on the inlet. Otherwise it can create a bit of back pressure.

Can either of the sizes be run on an aquael midikani 800? I measured the tubing and I get 14mm internal diameter, so I have no idea whether that means I can't at all or would buy the 16mm or something? Or would it just leak...

either of the 16mm versions will fit the Aquael Midikani 800.

Ben