N13det

Aqua nova ncm 10000

Has any one had any issues with one of these pumps? I am impressed with mine it's quiet, efficient has good flow etc but when I got home today it wasn't running, I switched it off then back on and it ran for about 10 seconds before it shut of again... hmmm

Will be off to visit where I bought it in the morning

bu2ybe6y.jpg

Sent from my who cares using Tapatalk

I'd check out the impellor and give it a good clean. Might be a snail shell or grit slowing the impellor enough for the thermal shut off to kick in.

Could also be worth trying on a different power board.

Otherwise could be buggered, which sucks.

Have been an excellent seller at AOA, with zero bad feedback.

Hard to keep on the shelf.

Thanks Donny,

Seriously replying at 7pm on a public holiday you are a legend buddy!

Employee of the year material.

Pulled it apart and there was a bit if build up inside the shaft tho it didn't seem to impede it.

No success so far the cut out keeps kicking in after 5 seconds and has me stumped to a reason :(

y3atatan.jpguma7aqaj.jpg

If there's nothing stopping the rotor/impeller from turning, put it back in, leave the pump end disassembled and turn it on. If it doesn't spin flick the impeller. If it still doesn't spin then motor windings are shagged. If it does run, do they have a pressure switch? May also be a breakdown in insulation. Easy to check if you have the right instruments!!

Sorry just looked at specs. Only has thermal overload. For it to run for 3 seconds and trip out the motor is either fully jammed or completely shorted windings. This is the only thing that will cause the overload to trip out. 'Assuming' the insulation is f class which is rated for 150 degrees the overload will be set at more than likely 90 degrees. So it'll be either drawing craploads of current or heating up extremely fast indication failed insulation where each wire shorts out to the next. Rather than having a whole bunch of individual loops you have one big loop creating a di*k load of heat!

I'm guessing they're solid state or epoxy filled which means no rewind ability?!? Take it back if it's under warranty. As long as your not pushing more than 5m head or running the pump dry it should be covered assuming?!

Thanks Sparky,

It spins freely by hand and until what seems to be an electrical cut out kicks in when powered. It's running a 1.7m head via a 25mm pipe, not sure if that might be choking it to much as i read 40mm will give it max flow. Even after being switched off for a few hours it still only runs for a few seconds consistently :(

No at 1.7m head you should be flowing around 8000lt/h if using the full 1 1/2" fittings or the 40mm hose barbs. So it should be running well inside it's curve! There should be minimal load on it, and having an open channel vortex impeller you should have no dramas with blocking. My opinion would be either faulty thermal overload or a genuine motor fault. Unless they're serviceable motors which they don't appear to be they're basically a fire and forget pump. Run it, sh!t it and replace it!!

The only other thing I would suggest would be either checking your voltage at that outlet or try a different outlet. Could be a dodgy join/high resistance join on the plug or socket dropping the voltage. Flex the cable at the back of the plug while the pump is turned on, if there's a break or dodgy join it'll keep kicking to life. Check the terminals on the plug for any corrosion or looseness, and check your socket/power board for any similar faults.

If only every pump I dealt with at work was as easy to replace and diagnose as this one!! Good luck with your pump!