Right lets get some things straight. Tardis ornaments for tanks are cool.

I remember back 20 odd years ago, we used to sell heaps of "No Fishing" signs, that has got to rate.

However for tacky we always had a plastic angel statue, peeing, .... air powered........ Dad just loved the humour of them.

Ste e

"No fishing" ornaments. Blergh.

Also fluro/neon colored plastic plants, and badly fake coral ornaments used in freshwater tanks.

I do have some divers helmet ornaments, but those are useful because they have no sharp edges so I'm keeping those. I don't care that they are stupid.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50249[/ATTACH]

I have those jellys.

On my previous tank i have a simulation - shipwreck with divers all over the ship. Some with treasure chest, barrels, also clams, octopus and crabs - all operated with air bubbles. Its like a mini treasure hunt diorama. Ill try to look for pics if i still saved it somewhere.

- SEEMS I CAN'T FIND A PIC. anyway, it looks very animated (like a moving shop display) and I spent a lot of nights with my son just looking at the moving divers and creatures. I didn't thought of submarine RCs at that time, but that would have been fun racing around the tank.

post-916-14711631433893_thumb.jpg

post-916-14711631434041_thumb.jpg

Edited by litigator666

I have those jellys.

On my previous tank i have a simulation - shipwreck with divers all over the ship. Some with treasure chest, barrels, also clams, octopus and crabs - all operated with air bubbles. Its like a mini treasure hunt diorama. Ill try to look for pics if i still saved it somewhere.

- SEEMS I CAN'T FIND A PIC. anyway, it looks very animated (like a moving shop display) and I spent a lot of nights with my son just looking at the moving divers and creatures. I didn't thought of submarine RCs at that time, but that would have been fun racing around the tank.

That tank actually sound interesting and the coral collection looks good too but I like the look of the fish in it better the uaru are a fave

my old coral collection that cost me a few $s. Includes a "living color" St. Kitts plug and play set - if you watch fishtank kings - that's the Co. that sells these artificial reef display.

Coral Insert Aquarium Decorations - Artificial Corals - Coral Inserts - Instant Reef - Living Color Enterprises

I had previously never heard of the Uaru but they look awesome in there... not sure if it is just the fact they are in with corals but they seem to have a real "marine" type look I think.

Coupled with some freshwater rays you could almost trick people into thinking that was a marine tank...

If youre a fish guy you would know that they are fake. But for normal people who have seen it are amazed that i have a piece of the ocean in my house. Looks can be deceiving.

I dont have these uarus anymore but i have a small colony i have collected. Still growing them to join the community tank.

Just shows that tacky /fake /unrealistic ornaments doesnt mean they dont look cool.

Edited by litigator666

Thanks for the comments and feedback.

At one point as well, I was planning to use an "O" gauge Lionel trainset collection I have to create a scenery and put it inside my tank. I have a couple of sets and bridges etc., similar to the one used in the Superman movie. Since most parts are metal I would need to seal everything. Imagine an operating/running trainset scenery inside your tank - very cool. I think "Tanked" did a similar concept but it goes inside the tank like a tunnel. What i'm thinking is like a flooded scenery set - inside the tank. Too much work and being mint vintage sets decided to abandon the plan.

Well I think this collection is worth more dry than wet.