lilviss

Anyone know the difference between the aquis and nautilus aqua one canister filters?

Aquis canisters also have the taps in the hose that you need to turn off then unscrew them to seperate hoses for cleaning. Nautilus have a lever on the head of the canister that locks both taps the can be removed.... much easier for cleaning

it'd be between the

nautilus 1100 for $130

Aquis 1000 for $160

Aquis 12750 (series 2) $175

Or an eheim 2217 for $210

But apparently eheims suck now and parts cost alot, wheras aquaone parts are cheap one have a 3 year warranty

I have 2 aquis series2 1250's running in my collection, they are pretty decent for the $ considering the warranty which is pretty much instant replacement with any failure.

Yeah they are aqua-one so not quite a FLUVAL or EHEIM but you get good & bad with all filters in my experience.

I primarily use my 1250's for mechanical & chemical filtration. Just easier to and faster to pull apart then fx5/fx6's!

With the priming button too, makes things quite simple.

Are parts for aquael midikani 800 easy to come by/cheap?

At this point i'm still totally undecided :/

The aquael midikani 800 looked good, but i still don't know, someone convince me! lol

Is eheim worth the extra? is aquaone really that bad? aquael midikani looked good in the review but i don't have reviews of the other two haha (and would like more filtration)

Edited by lilviss

The Midikani is European made V's Chinese and you can locate the canister above/ below / beside your tank. The way the pump is set up and located it is easy enough to run with low water levels and comes with media too. You also have the flow control and the warranty... Easy access and easy to clean.

Look the eheim is a proven filter.

And the midikani is a new kid on the block.

Midikani has impressed the socks off me though.

Really is a fine filter.

Another energy efficient option would be an eheim ecco.

Eheims are, by default quiet filters.

I just like the midikani design more.

It results in such a quiet filter....... as in, have to look at output to see if its actually running.

Serenity is golden.

Edited by Donny@ageofaquariums

lol it will be right next to my head while sleeping so serenity is of the utmost importance

So the midkani is quite as, how about the eheims? if there as a difference then that's my decision made

I assume aquaone would be considerably louder witth their not so awesome quality

Alrighty so eheim 2217 will be $70 extra

with a but more flow

I sort of feel like getting the eheim because they're supposed to be the best of the best

I'll be buying of you guys regardless donny because of all your help :)

Donny, while i have you here

I ordered a bunch of stuff a while ago and you guys were out of the 6 tube shrimp caves, they are being posted to me free off charge when they come into stock. I was wondering if i bought a canister filter, that could be put with the tubes and posted for free aswell? Thanks :)

Made me smile haha, will do once i scratch up the cash

I'm sort of thinking eheim at the moment, i know they dont have media trays

How does that all work? Just shove in what you can fit? wouldnt that lower flow if you do too much?

In other words what media do you recommend i buy to have it running the best possible way?

Marine pure balls........ awesome surface area, but with enough gaps in how they stack to not effect flowrate noticably.

Things last forever too, so bit of an investment, but a good long term one.

Canister media packing is a personal thing, and with so many choices its a lot of fun to customize the filter to the aquarium.

Touched my new canister for the first time today. $200 2800 lph beast. Gonna replace most the stock media in it....... huge media trays too.

Gotta love a new toy!

Real question is, do I put stick on googly eyes on it?

Spin out the kid XD

Haha, what did ya get? You don't reckons eachem matrix or substrat pro??? I wanna get the best

And i was wondering if your 2217 cane with any media?

The mrs would also like to know if you guys stock any fish (in particular saltwater) :)