tharinda

can some one tell me whats going on with my rtgg

They go through different mood changes in which the colours will change,

Tankmates/Diet/Substrate/Water conditions, will all play a part in these colour variances also, but mostly the fishes general mood i've found !

Look's fine to me, nothing to worry about. They are TOUGH as nails.

Mood and dominancy plays a big part with these guys I find.

One of mine is truly a stunning fish while the other is just a rtgg.

Then some days they go grey all over and others they are white with the black spot.

What other fish are in the tank.

ive tried to at fruits and vegies to his/her diet but it doent even come near them..........the oscars seem to love it more than the giant gourami

ill give the krill ago.....hopefully it works

and ive taken out the gravel coz the gravel kept bringing the ph up..........ive got new gravel now i just have to put it in.........plus i also have a blue background but it doesnt seem to help.......i only took it out for the photo

i also notice that it stoped eating every other fish is munching away but my rtgg just goes and hides under a log

does anyone know why

thanks guys

Could possibly be temp?

I bumped my temp up to 32 to cure some white spot and my GPG started eating 10x more than he was before!

I'd say it was shy. Is it a recent addition? If you have ..yep just had a look at the pics. The oscars going to be a problem.. and a pig. If you spend a bit more time with it, it'll become like a puppy for you. But just b careful, they have bloody sharp teeth lol

Finn, your pgg will grow pretty quickly now for a bit :)

they need a diet of friut and veg mainly as they are a herbavore/vegitarian, high protien is not good for them, mine get koi pellets once a week, the rest of the time they get strawberry's, banana, corn, carrot, beans etc, etc, etc, but not to much banana it's also once a fortnight as a treat.