litigator666

Stacking sponge filters

I think itll be slightly even. The 3rd pic shows the middle part where you attach the airhose. Itll goes straight to the bottom without any gap or leakage. Air flows to the bottom then goes back on top. Once the air pass through the middle of the sponge it sucks water in the sponge. Well thats how i see it. I did have to ziptie the middle bit as they dont hold each other well.

Awesome.

Interesting to see how dirty each sponge gets in proportion.

Seems the sponge close to the bottom gets more dirt. The taller the sponge, the less effective it sucks water/dirt on the top portion.

Edited by litigator666

As it blocks from the bottom upwards flow will increase in the unblocked parts as it continues upwards. More detritus near the bottom of the tank usually so bottom will always block faster anyways but flow always finds a way. Bottom blocks up=more flow above, that'll block up then optimal flow will be further up the sponge stack & so on.

If you've made it on a "spindle" persay then you should be able to remove the bottom sponge for a clean, slide them down so sponge 2 becomes sponge 1, wash former sponge 1 & put back as sponge 4 if that makes sense (looong night at work, dunno how much sense I got left).