ROAR99

frontosa holding eggs

hi, i brought a breeding pair of burundi frontosa a few weeks ago, male 20cm female 17cm

(was told they breed 3 times before had fry to prove)

anyway they been hiding in cave last few days, and now it looks like the larger male is holding a mouthfull!!

i was just going to put eggcrate divider in tank to seperate girl,eggs until there wiggling in mouth,

question is whats the chances the male if its the male will hold them for a bit??

he definatly looks male big hump on head, long threads from fins, boss of the tank

cheers rorie

got some pics of what i thought (was told) was the larger male (that was holding the eggs)

looking at vent it might just b the female?? *opinions please*

post-9430-14711631673611_thumb.jpg

second hole looks to be perfectly round and quiet large

post-9430-14711631673108_thumb.jpg

post-9430-14711631673244_thumb.jpg

post-9430-14711631673364_thumb.jpg

post-9430-14711631673486_thumb.jpg

Good work Rorie. Are the pics of the venting all of the same fish? or the top one is different from the bottom two? Egg colour looks ok for now, they should have hatched by now and be wrigglers, or were they not fertile?

Just me, but I would be more concerened about the smaller fish and how many bars it has, looks possible 5 when should be 6, since supposed to have proven fry before....

Good work Rorie. Are the pics of the venting all of the same fish? or the top one is different from the bottom two? Egg colour looks ok for now, they should have hatched by now and be wrigglers, or were they not fertile?

Just me, but I would be more concerened about the smaller fish and how many bars it has, looks possible 5 when should be 6, since supposed to have proven fry before....

Yes deffinatly 6bar nice fat straite bars, (fish is curled in pic) pics are all same fish

Thanks for replies