Cheap. They would be awesome for an American tank without plants and stuff. I just spent a small fortune on Cree lights for my dovii tank (yes your dovii ;) Love the shimmering effect of the LEDs. These probably would have done the same job.

post-5418-14711631478255_thumb.jpg

Yes easy. You need a pLug and to strip the plastic off the wires,after you sepetate from the main cable. The earth wire should b yellow and have a little tad on it. The other two should go in and you screw them into place firmly. Some of the plugs have a bit that you can hook back over b4 they wires go back out the the main cable but if your pulling the plug out properly I don't see that as needed. Also, where the wire can go, would get slammed against whatever you plug it into and sooner or later could be dangerous.

Most of The plugs themselves rnt waterproof so if you want to fill with silicone, that would help.

Make sure u get polarity rite as a sparky I see too many diy job were people have no idea as to what there doing

No offence to you turco but sparkies are what kept the motor rewinding going for so many years in Ipswich!!

Look at the back of the plug on the white section, it'll have small impression stamped on the plastic, one saying A one saying N ( active and neutral). Standard colouring convention is black or blue for neutral on 240v and brown or red or active. It doesn't affect the normal running of the appliance if you get the neutral/active backwards, it will affect your safety switch/RCD/ELCB in the event there's a fault!

Luke