Tristan

Artificially Colouring Fish

Does anyone on here know if artificially colouring fish by using dyes is still legal in Australia? You used to see it all the time in pet stores but I just realised I hadn't seen one in a while.

I hope it has been outlawed... it was always a disgusting practice that was attractive to fish keepers who didn't know better.

R

Its a wonder the RSPCA wangers haven't kicked up a stink yet.

Look into how they do the colouring and tattooing on the fishes. Alot fish die from it

Yup, and even if they dont die it severely shortens their lifespan... Cant believe they do it to giant gouramis even!? Will have to google that one!

Couldnt see giant gouramis but i found "blueberry oscars"" and painted blood parrots amongst plecos and various other species that are commonly dyed.

I think i might give rspca a call and see what their thoughts are and if they are doing anythinh to stop this trade

Couldnt see giant gouramis but i found "blueberry oscars"" and painted blood parrots amongst plecos and various other species that are commonly dyed.

I think i might give rspca a call and see what their thoughts are and if they are doing anythinh to stop this trade

1141133103.jpg

I reported a store once to the RSPCA for having dyed fish as well as a lot of underfed fish, RSPCA investigated the property but didn't do anything about it.

1141133103.jpg

I reported a store once to the RSPCA for having dyed fish as well as a lot of underfed fish, RSPCA investigated the property but didn't do anything about it.

That is a real shame to see... especially to such an intelligent fish with such a long lifespan.

Perhaps we could make a signature register and if we can get enough rspca would have to do something about it... if everyone on QLDAF got behind it we could hopefullly stop it!

Thoughts?