Ok so a couple of weeks ago a pair of my larger angels spawned, a koi colored male(assuming he's male) and a white blushing angel (female). Sadly my big male BN decided the eggs looked tasty and all over.

I rescaled my tank last night and subsequently did about a 50% water change, changed the filter outflow pipe and changed/added more gravel. Now it seems the koi male and my black angel(assuming female) are pairing up and the black one is beating the jebus out of my white angel. She seems to be hunting her down across the tank and ramming and nipping at her. Is this just her asserting herself or should I be concerned?

The black one doesn't seem to annoy anyone else just the white female. She backs herself into a corner and just cops it sweet. Doesn't fight back or anything.

Any suggestions?! I could take her out but the other tanks are stocked with other fish from bumblebee gobys, guppies and shrimp, to goldfish varieties.

Water parameters are all good, temps are good.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Angelfish are cichlids after all, my 8 all constantly fight amoungst each other as they are juveniles but in my experience they seem to always sort things out sooner or later, just give her plenty of spaces to hide and you should be sweet with time

take the white one out

or leave th emale with whichever female your prefer. males will tend to spawn with any female that is interested so just chose the one that will create the best offspring and remove the other. does the balck one have any stripes?

I used to breed a lot of angels and found that it's best to breed koi with non striped angels, so by the sounds of things you'd be better leaving the koi with the blushing. Crossing the koi with a striped produces a lot of broken striped fish which are ugly.

hth

Mine fight a lot when about to spawn. Never any visible damage but still quite nasty. As mine got bigger from Juvies they fought constantly for about 4 -5 weeks even after coming out of the same tank at the LFS and being together for so long.

so long as they aren't doing damage to each other and taking fins etc off let them go, they will eventually sort out a pecking order and pair off if you have a couple females.