Most likely and not bringing fish, looking for reasonable priced cattys, none of this reserve set at retail crap

I dont know where u shop at to get your fish. But I never heard of reserve on any fish ever being set anywhere near a retail price. More often than not the fish sells for below wholesale prices. If it did occur I would be looking at the quality side of things of it as Im sure every seller puts a fair reserve on there fish. At this auction fish will passed in, not to be seen again if reserves are not meet. That is how QCG run there auctions.

we are going, and at this stage plan on bringing maybe some africans, peps, common bn and maybe even something new, lol, endlers, pending on the weather and weather i get around to it, lol,

I dont know where u shop at to get your fish. But I never heard of reserve on any fish ever being set anywhere near a retail price. More often than not the fish sells for below wholesale prices. If it did occur I would be looking at the quality side of things of it as Im sure every seller puts a fair reserve on there fish. At this auction fish will passed in, not to be seen again if reserves are not meet. That is how QCG run there auctions.

Retail meaning what's being sold here on the forum, that's the nature of a auction is to get rid of stock that's not selling normally. Cus if people were going to pay what they normally sell for they won't risk it on a fish that's been in a bag for 12hrs and have to stuff around at 1 in the morning putting fish in tanks

Retail meaning what's being sold here on the forum, that's the nature of a auction is to get rid of stock that's not selling normally. Cus if people were going to pay what they normally sell for they won't risk it on a fish that's been in a bag for 12hrs and have to stuff around at 1 in the morning putting fish in tanks

not everybody who go to the auctions are members here, it opens up new buyers, the auction gets posted on face book, and other places,

i personally don't take stuff that's not selling, why bother and have to bring them home, for me its the chance to maybe sell 100 fish on one night, you will also find a lot of sellers who don't post there fish up here,

True Steve, it's amazing how many times something comes up at auction that has never been advertised before. Heaps of rare beauties that's for sure :)

i thought these auctions were to raise money for the clubs and the hobby in general not to offload your crap that doesn't sell ,if your stuff isn't selling there must be a reason .its also a good social outing to catch up with like minded people with a common intereast

I have seen fish go for cheaper and dearer than on here and can be a lucky dip - some really good buys can be had. You also get the fish straight away and you can also view the fish being auctioned if you are quick - well for the dearer ones.

You make a really good point too [MENTION=5203]bulldrag76[/MENTION] the commission goes towards the clubs and hobby and holding these events and if you were to asked "if I buy 5 fish would you throw another one in" and you say yes, than it is not really all that different to paying 20% commission only you do not have to negotiate the price or wait for them to show up - all that is done for you and you can feel good by helping out clubs too.

I like that it all happens in one location, no need to travel out of your way to collect a fish, think of all the time & fuel you are saving? OR have you tried to line up several pick ups on same day or getting stuffed around by a buyer. I have always seen quality fish on offer plus loads more than what appears on here. Deformed or under sized fish are not accepted at booking in your fish. Sellers should know & read the rules. This is a service to all Sellers & Buyers & 20 % is nothing to support the running the Clubs & these events. Hall hire etc. Fish prices are very similar to here with quality fish getting the best results, by the way QLDAF is not retail pricing. I love the social catch up too! See you all there! :beer: