Ive used kusuri allwormer worked a treat it is flubenzadole based.i have heard that they have a new product called fluke solve which i would like to know if anyone has tried,praziquantel based

just wondering if any of u guys have treated gill flukes and what u used

thx

Very hard to treat nowadays as resistant to most drugs. There are S4 treatments that work but rigourous water changes, salt and Para-Ex / Paracide will eventually work but it takes time. Have found worming tablets used after the Para-Ex treatment has finished really helps. The above info is based on hardy species like natives

Ive used kusuri allwormer worked a treat it is flubenzadole based.i have heard that they have a new product called fluke solve which i would like to know if anyone has tried,praziquantel based

praziquantel is what I usually use, usually with good success.

Very keen to try the kusuri, hear good things from a lot of big names in breeding world.

Kondys Crystals bath helps

PP is a good broad spectrum, just have to get the dose right.

Does tend to totally wipe out my biofiltration as well tho.......

Condy's crystals followed 3 days later with Trichlorfon. I haven't found Prazi to be as effective for gillflukes

Trichlorfon scares the heck out of me. Have stuffed up with it myself, and seen others do the same.

Willing to risk using it with anchor worms, but otherwise I find myself paranoid as heck when tipping it in.

Any tips on dose rates with delicate fish mate?

praziquantel is what I usually use, usually with good success.

Very keen to try the kusuri, hear good things from a lot of big names in breeding world.

PP is a good broad spectrum, just have to get the dose right.

Does tend to totally wipe out my biofiltration as well tho.......

Trichlorfon scares the heck out of me. Have stuffed up with it myself, and seen others do the same.

Willing to risk using it with anchor worms, but otherwise I find myself paranoid as heck when tipping it in.

Any tips on dose rates with delicate fish mate?

Kusuri has a good rep, in general, but not for Discus tapeworm. Prazi is the treatment of choice here, without a doubt.

Yes, Trichlorfon is a heavy duty drug, and can knock delicate fish around (thanks for mentioning, Donny). Use a half dose. Plenty of aeration. I use this because of the resistant strains of Gillfluke around. Also be

careful with Condy's too, I've killed a tank of Discus juvies by overdosing with PP.

Maybe ensure that you treat the parents for flukes before allowing them to breed again. This is important.

That should be a given but some people dont do it . easier to treat adults than a truck load of fry that roll over and die if you miss treating the fluke or worms or whatever.

i keep all the adults well wormed and tried treating the parents before this spawn as a precaution... the last time the fry got to around 1 cm before dying ,

a large tank full again about the same size, olny thing is i am going away for a week and ****ting it incase it happens again ..

fingers crossed , i do really appreciate the advice guys ,

sean i will get in touch when i get back i have a mate that want to come see u for some young and i will prob grab some aswell , so will see what u have at the time