Hey, just looking for little bit help from anyone has knowledge in 3d backgrounds!!! Just wondering if anyone has idea on leaching of cement, should I just do daily water changes for at least two weeks (What i hear is it can still effect ph over a year later) or is there or should I use like a pond sealer type substance to keep the leeching effect from happening (If thats even possible?) Thanks Kade

Yeah seal it for sure. Not just calcium & mineral leeching (affects pH) but cements have lime in them (I think most do if not all, things may have changed over the years, not up to date on current production specs), lime is bad for fish (bad for everything but plants I think).

Pondtite, Mastek, Bitumen Rubber, etc. something to seal it for sure, I don't trust concrete or cement personally. Too many chemical effects possible if leeching occurs unless completely sealed...

Thanks for the information, I have seen other people using a paint type product. I am just wondering does anyone know of a greyish aquarium safe paint to use instead of the concrete on the Styrofoam?

So once put put sealer on, did you give it time before threw some fish in or near straight away?

Let it all cure for 3 days then filled and drained before setting up and adding feeders for a few days just to make sure.

I used Megapoxy 154 water based, food grade epoxy on mine. It comes out translucent grey / white so you will need oxide tints if you want to colour it. You can mix sand and **** in with it to give it a nice texture. It dries over night and is completely inert. Personally, I think that is the absolute best thing for sealing a background. Bad part is it can be hard to get, and if you find some you might only be able to get a 20L kit which will cost you a fortune. Some paint / plumbing places will sell you a 4L kit which would be the go.