lilviss

Continuum Fraction Vs Seachem Prime

Has anyone had experience using both fraction and prime?

Are they just as good as each other? The description says they are identical and i think the age of aquariums description just mighttttt be hinting at it

It's half the price of prime so it'd be great if someone could give a definate answer, i'm sure Donny at aoa has had experience with it (I'd tag ya but i don't know how)

Here are some links to back up the price difference and description

2L=$40- Continuum fraction https://www.aquariumproducts.com.au/catalogue_products.php?prodID=6556

4L=$145 2L=$72.50- Seachem Prime Seachem Prime 4L Aquarium Water Conditioner FOR Fish Tanks Litre | eBay

I have not used this continuum thing but if you want value for money prime, get the seachem SAFE - powder concentrated version of prime. 4kg bucket is about $103. Also available in smaller quantities at guppys.

Look up specs of SAFE if you want to be sure. Have been using it for years.

I'm keen on aoa cos i'm getting something shipped

Can anyone recommend a chlorine neutriliser that doesnt worry with the ammonia? I would figure it would be cheaper, i only use it for chlorine

Continuum capful 5ml only treats 200L and it's $40.

Pond prime capful 5ml treats 800L and it's $70.

So you have to use 4 times as much continuum to treat the same ammount as pond prime and yet pond prime isn't even double the price. Hmmm I'll stick to seachems pond prime thanks.

If Donny sees this i'll call yas tomorrow and get 2L of fraction too

My order cant be sent till tuesday anyway ithink

I tried to give you a call Sunday and ended up leaving a message.

I'm keen on aoa cos i'm getting something shipped

Can anyone recommend a chlorine neutriliser that doesnt worry with the ammonia? I would figure it would be cheaper, i only use it for chlorine

Yea I use the API tapwater conditioner for getting rid of chlorine in macropore.

Does the job well and its very cheap

5ml per 400 and pond prime is 5ml per 800

Standard prime is the exact same as fraction.

5ml per 200L

The confusion that prime is 5ml to 400L is usually due to people looking at the big bottles that have a 10ml cap size, rather than the 5ml one on smaller bottles.

As to the pond prime being 5ml for 800Litres.......... I would be VERY careful using that little.

Usually you will scrape by, but if the council adds a bit more than usual...........

Wouldnt be the first time that mistake has cost some one an entire tank full of fish.

seachemsupport1_zpsaa24ff9c.jpg

Is there a difference between Aquarium Prime and Pond Prime? - Seachem Support Forums

Hes decided on continuum - no use getting other folks opinion.

Man.......... the fraction and safe discussion went into about a thousand km's worth of depth here

http://www.qldaf.com/forums/age-aquariums-119/prime-quality-fraction-cost-89001/

I enjoyed it........ but is everyone else keen for it all over again?

SAFELOL_zps4a18035d.jpg

Man.......... the fraction and safe discussion went into about a thousand km's worth of depth here

http://www.qldaf.com/forums/age-aquariums-119/prime-quality-fraction-cost-89001/

I enjoyed it........ but is everyone else keen for it all over again?

SAFELOL_zps4a18035d.jpg

didn't realised a discussion about that existed (already edited/cleaned up/deleted though). honestly, i don't measure safe anymore, just dumped it on my tank. they would say not to overdose, but they also claim no harm done overdosing. Anymore of the free marketing samples of this continuum buzz.

Edited by litigator666

I measure down to the tee these days. The amount of product you will waste guessing is insane. And all that a needed to help make measuring fast and simple is a .50c disposable plastic*syringe.

I have like 50 brand new that measure upto 12ml.

Anyone that that needs one is more the welcome to have one.

Thanks donny, i ended up grabbing some api because when i have too much ammonia i just do a water change

Alot cheaper

I didn't realise there was already a thread sorry

I called back and completed my order thanks man :)