dragonboy69

Which is better.

I've go a question it's 2 parts to this question. I'll put up some info which is better for Bettas in general for. feeding. Also which is better for when conditioning for breeding.

Protein 43%

Fibre. 4%

Moisture 12%

Fat. 5%

Protein 38% min

Fibre 3% max

Moisture10% max

Fat 4% min

Protein 43%

Fibre 4%

Moisture 12%

Fat 5%

Protein 37% min

Fibre 4% max

Moisture10% max

Fat 5% max

Protein 35% min

Fibre 3% max

Moisture 10% max

Fat 10% max

Also what should be the ideal for the following for bettas if you were to make your own food in general feeding and conditioning.

Protein %

Fibre %

Moisture %

Fat %

Live food if possible. Black worms as a staple, available in a few LFS. Live mosquito larvae and live bloodworms if possible, cultivated at home. Otherwise, frozen bloodworms, frozen mosquito larvae and frozen brine shrimp.

Attison's Betta Pro is considered the gold standard of betta dry food. I use Hikari Betta Bio Gold, but only feed it once or twice a week.

Attison's Betta Pro is considered the gold standard of betta dry food. I use Hikari Betta Bio Gold, but only feed it once or twice a week.

[MENTION=3878]pk333[/MENTION] Where can you get the Attisons from. Why feed Hikari once or twice a week only. Why not more.

Well seeing as you're in Sydney, I can only recommend shopping online as I do not know the LFS down there.

Age of Aquariums - Atison's Betta Pro 75gm

I also recommend getting in touch with Sydney Splendens Society.

https://www.facebook.com/SydneySplendensSociety

I highly recommend going along to club meetings. You can learn more in two hours of a meeting and talking to people, than you can in 200 hours of asking questions on Facebook or a Forum. Once people get to know you from club meetings, they'll be more likely to invite you around to show you their breeding set ups and share how they do things. There is also a lot of information on the internet, you just need to google and you'll find it.

I don't feed dry food very often because I prefer feeding live food. Dry food can't come close to being as good as live food. One thing to remember with Bettas, their stomach is only the size of their eye, so if feeding Betta pellets, you only need to feed them two at the most, unless your Betta is a Giant.

Edited by pk333
I need to learn to proof read my posts before hitting the reply button