Just a quick one here all. When you see the length of Angels advertised. And they say 6" for instance. They "are" measuring from the tip of the dorsal fin to the tip of the anal fin right?

Or is it from nose to tip of tail?

Cheers...

Nose to tail. But... there's 2 measurements possible. If you measure to the base of the tail at the caudal peduncle you will have happier buyers. Or if ur a tight@rse like wholesalers, you can give total length (t.l) which if you buy a 4cm tl fish, its actually 3cm with one cm of tail. so when you buy a fish if you think that measurement is its tl then you might be happier to find its a bit bigger.

[MENTION=5418]thatsright99[/MENTION] thanks for the clarification :) Just wanted to know because i was reading about the Altums on a American forum & the member stated his fish were 11 inches :noidea:

I was thinking is it a fish or a p#*n star lol

[MENTION=5418]thatsright99[/MENTION] thanks for the clarification :) Just wanted to know because i was reading about the Altums on a American forum & the member stated his fish were 11 inches :noidea:

I was thinking is it a fish or a p#*n star lol

On some overseas forum posts Altums are measured heightwise rather than lengthways.