cturner1

best filter for a 3ft planted tank

I'm thinking of turning my 3fter into a planted tank so right now I'm gathering all the supplies.

ive had a crappy 500l/h internal filter in the tank for a few months but I'm going to throw it out because it just doesn't do the job. I'm looking for a filter thats cheap and actually works well.

I reckon a canister would be good for a planted tank

I wouldn't trust the crappy ebay ones, plus alot of them are hard to get parts for

There are cheap aquaone nautilus's on aquaholics online

I considered getting one but went with an eheim classic because it would be more silent as it's at the head of the bed

[MENTION=11961]lilviss[/MENTION] I have a Aquaone Nautilus 2800 & I have to check it to see if is running it is that quiet. But Eheim are awesome from everything i am told. I haven't owned yet, but i will one day!!

[MENTION=11961]lilviss[/MENTION] I have a Aquaone Nautilus 2800 & I have to check it to see if is running it is that quiet. But Eheim are awesome from everything i am told. I haven't owned yet, but i will one day!!

That's what i was saying till i splurged on getting one at the last second lol, an extra $70 compared to a nautilus i think

If you're strapped for cash a good old aquaone 104f might be good, internal power filter, $40ish

But an Otto as above would be an improved over the 104f if ya have the extra $15