litigator666

FYI: SCAMMER STILL ALIVE AND KICKING - Mccorkindale

My thread was deleted here but still active on another forum - Look up Mccorkindale on the net. he deals with fish and non-fish stuff.

Just be careful on your deals. I hope this post won't be deleted as will serve as warning for other people.

The original post was removed for two reasons.

Primarily this is an ongoing police case as we understand it and we are mindful of ensuring that nothing disrupts the full extent of the law being dealt to a scammer.

Secondly there are cases where rumours have been spread so we are cautious.

I have sent [MENTION=916]litigator666[/MENTION] a PM so I can catch up on what has occurred since. I have no doubt in what I am hearing from litigator and just want to be certain as to the fact that we will not be upsetting a prosecution.

A word of warning, scammer can and do change there name, and there are a number of them out there. If it sounds too good to be true, there is a fair chance it is.

I will update once I hear more.

easy to dispute on paypal but I did an over the counter transaction to him. I asked for his drivers license and confirmed the account details ties up to the license before the teller processed it. It matched so I was confident to deposit cash to his account.

I sched a meeting with the bank branch manager and it seems I can't do anything as it was a legit account - confidentiality clause as well.

I don't buy stuff anymore from people I don't know. My latest purchase was a bit expensive and I've asked an interstate friend that I trust to do the deal for me personally to avoid a similar problem.

It's good to make people more aware of a single sellers dodgy deals but it is much more effective to tell everyone how to safeguard against ALL sellers every time by encouraging Paypal (or some form of escrow) as these have buyer protection. In the case of Paypal - up to 45 days to lodge a claim for non delivery. Simple safe solution for both buyer and seller. I would immeadiately be suspicious if seller refused Paypal.

Just an update:

Scammer was released from jail on 25 September after serving 59 days in custody for deception and other matters. On his release, he was also given a 12-month Community Corrections Order which includes conditions of:

Unpaid Community Work, Perform 200 hours of community work;

Treatment and Rehabilitation (including testing) for drug abuse or dependency as directed

Mental health assessment.

$Fundwise - it is not definite if we can recover it as victims are now directed to file civil case (police don’t have the legislative powers to enforce the payment of these orders) - not sure if that's worth the cost and effort and hassle.

Personally, I think it's a very light penalty for the funds scammed from victims. It seems the Court even favours him rather than punish him for his actions.

VERY DISAPPOINTED ON THE OUTCOME. Hope this serves as warning for others.