BarryToucher

Anyone on QLDAF breed tetras

Hey guys,

Had a die off in my planted tank due to too much co2, so wanting to replace some of the schooling fish.

Today I purchased some awesome quality fish from [MENTION=3782]pandapete[/MENTION]

i got myself a trio of cockatoo apistos and a pair of borellii apistos, a panda cory and an amazing royal whiptail catfish.

there is still 2 out of the 62 neon tetras left so would not mind a few more, but any tetras from south america will be an amazing addition to my display tank :)

Regards,

Nathan

I have for sale

7 bloodfin tetras

2 serpae tetras

9 rummy nose

Breeding pair of angel fish

1 red scat

Make me an offer if you like? These can drop off your way for the right price.

Thanks!

Nah cheap enough to buy from the LFS, who will do you a good deal if you are buying in bulk, they are bred enmass in Singapore these days and cheaper than ay home hobbyist can ever hope to.

Besides its good to support an LFS (not a chain store) in the current climate when we are losing LFS faster than you can blink. Exotic fish connections at Rocklea always have a good selection and will do you a bulk price, as will Hung at Red Dragon in Darra.

I wouldn't buy 2nd hand tetras as you don't know how old they are and might be getting long in the Adipose fin (so to speak), Singapore ones are usually young ones as are wild caughts.

The other thing is you can get 50 in one go from your LFS, I can't imagine getting all mega school in one go from a private person.

Edited by grubby

Might just support a local lfs instead... Any recommendations for around the browns plains area?

The only good Aquarium in Brown stains is AOA and they don't sell fish. Avoid all the other shops like the plague.

If you can make it to the lfs on the day their new stock comes in........ you can get a sweet deal sometimes by buying them from the box (arranging/paying before that day!).

That way they dont have to stock them/catch/bag them for you...... and you dont have to worry about them being exposed to anything in the lfs tanks.

not every store does it, but some are happy to as it means they can order 100 instead of 50 for themselves........ and that means they get them a bit cheaper :D

30 neons, 3 cockatoo apistos, 2 borellii apistos, a royal whiptail catfish and a panda Cory isn't too much of a bioload on an internal 700lph and an external canister 1200ph with one layer of course sponge and 2 layers of ceramic noodles( I use Indian almond leaf, so don't use carbon).