Sign in to follow this  
Brodie-S/A-C

ISO P bass info

I've recently bought 20 juvie bass @ 5-7 cm (my first real go). One week has past I've noticed that the growth of some has been 1-2 cm. Is this common? They are getting fed very well in a 6x2, temp is at 31 deg (plenty of aeration) Do bass normally slow down at a certain size(if so what length?) or do they only slow down due to tank size limiting their growth?

Thanks in advance

tank size really shouldnt limit their growth.

only food, tankmates and water quality should do that. of course its all to an extent.

agression between the bass will limit growth, so will spawning etc.

to be honest i wouldnt go about 28 degrees, i would think it would d o more harm than good.... although i have been told that having the temp below 30 for juvenile peacock bass is a risky business.... being that you run the risk of contracting white spot.

either way, each to their own, i would do things differently.

water change, water change, water change.

Edited by Betta-Cray_z

1 - 2 cm in one week - that's nothing to complain about.. at that rate they'll be fully grown in 6 months lol.

Like most things, the more often you keep an eye on it, the slower it takes or seems to.

from memory they have 2 major spurts. the should power on up to about 15 cm and then slow down at 20 then go again until 25, had mates that raised bass and their spurts were around the same but not exactly the same. definatly 2 spurts though , hope this helps.

Sign in to follow this